Sunday, December 09, 2007

Movies and streams

As I mentioned in the comments section of yesterday's post, I enjoyed the movie "Scrooged" yesterday. And, I was right, I had seen it before. It was worth watching again though.

After that movie, I watched one called "Christmas On Chestnut Street" that was on one of the other movie channels. It was a pretty good movie, or what I saw of it was. I missed a lot of it because I was having dinner. So, all I saw properly was the end... But that bit was good. LOL!

I slept most of this morning, then spent the afternoon listening to the streams at The Wolven.

AliceKay was doing her Sunday morning (morning for her anyway) "inspirational stream" and, although that's not really the kind of music I listen to, I thought I'd listen in just to get a chance to hear her stream. She does a fantastic job! I tuned in just in time to hear her play "Connie Talbot - I Believe" (which I only sent her yesterday) then she played "Aselin Debison - The Gift" for me. Anyway, it was a pretty enjoyable stream. Some of that "inspirational" music can be really pretty... Even if I don't agree with the words of most of the songs! LOL!

Then Kerry did her country music stream and played Christmas themed country music for two whole hours. Since I love country music, I don't think I need to say that I enjoyed that. I mean, the only thing better than country music is Christmas themed country music! LOL!

After the streams, I had my dinner, then watched "Miracle On 34th Street" which I'm sure you all know is a Christmas movie starring "Mara Wilson" about a mother and daughter who don't believe in father Christmas, and a man named "Chris Kringle" who helps them find the holiday spirit. Helping others find their holiday spirit along the way.

And, just now I watched a cute little movie called "A Christmas That Almost Didn't Happen" which was quite amusing. Never seen it before, and only ended up watching it by accident, but glad I found it, because it was a lovely little movie about a reindeer called "Rusty" who saves Christmas.

That's pretty much my day, so enjoy what ever's left of your own day!

Tori

8 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori you certainly are getting to watch a lot of lovely movie's, wish i could get them.

ak's stream sounded really nice and again i wish i had been in to listen to them.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
Yes, you would have enjoyed AK's stream.

And, you'd be able to watch all these movies too if you had Sky.

ChicagoLady said...

I just yesterday watched A Christmas on Chestnut Street, I remember seeing it for the first time last year.

I also love that version of Miracle on 34th Street, better than the original black and white starring Natalie Wood, I think.

I've also watched The Santa Clause and The Santa Clause 2 so far this year. Tonight I'm recording Holiday in Handcuffs, starring Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez, lol.

LadyStyx said...

Alice always plays some really great tunes. Many on that site do. Im never vertical at that hour of the day to catch her streams though and with me working I miss everyone else's too. *sigh*

Never watched Scrooged but wanna catch it sometime. Havent had much time to watch the holiday specials this year. I have a few movies here that I think Im going to try to get watched.I think we have the Nutcracker with Baryshnikov on disc around here somewhere so if I dont see anything else I'll be making sure to see at least that (it's tradition at this time of year but I know it bores hubby so I think I'll grab it on a night he's working).

LadyStyx said...

*perkz @ Chicago comment* handcuffs?? Man that was on Sunday night? Dang...I forgot..was it any good?

Tori_Z said...

ChicagoLady:
I only watched the old black and white version of "Miracle On 34th Street" once, and I agree that the version with Mara Wilson in is much better.

"The Santa Claus" and "The Santa Claus 2" haven't been on yet this year (they will be soon though). They're pretty good movies. Have you seen "The Santa Claus 3" yet? It's meant to have come out recently.

I've never heard of "Holiday In Handcuffs". Was it any good?

LadyStyx:
Yeah, working would make it harder to watch the movies. Hope you get to catch some of them though.

AliceKay said...

Thanks for the good reviews of my stream, ladies. I appreciate the kind words. That particular stream is special to me, so I'm glad I found a new home for it. Sweetie does a fantastic job with her streams as well. (so does someone named marvin)

I've seen some of those movies but not all. I love "The Santa Clause" movies. Can't wait to see the third installment. :)

Tori_Z said...

AK:
You're welcome... I call 'em as I see 'em! And, I agree. Marvin does do an awesome stream too! Not had a chance to hear many of her streams though, because I'm usually sleeping when she's streaming.