Monday, August 08, 2016

#Photo Of July 2016's #FullMoon Plus #Stargazing Tools And Tips



The above photo of the moon over the ocean was taken from our window on July 19th 2016.

Taking photos of moons when you can't see where they are isn't easy. But, when I realized there was a full moon on a clear night, I just had to try and get a photo. Then, of course, once I finally managed to get the moon in the photo, I had to share it. So... Here it is. Enjoy!

***

Deanna posted last week about stargazing. It's one of the things I miss most.

How about you? Do you enjoy stargazing? Or, do you want to do some stargazing, but aren't sure where to start? Here are some stargazing basics: tools, equipment, and advice.

Also, here are EarthSky's top ten tips for super stargazers and 13 tips for stargazing from astronomers.

Plus, I'm told the Star Walk phone app is a really good one, if you want to have an app for your phone or tablet to help you identify what you're looking at.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

You DID get the moon! Yes, hard to photograph for anyone!

I love looking at the stars but don't much worry about what I'm seeing -- I just being there!

Rita said...

Full and very bright! :)
I'm with Jeannie. I look but don't care about which stars or planets are whatever are which. Just enjoy the view.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie & Rita:
Nothing wrong with that; no reason you can't just concentrate on enjoying looking at the stars without worrying which ones you're seeing.

Intense Guy said...

I know some of the stars and constellations by name and sight, but usually I just look up on very dark nights and enjoy the splendor of the Milky Way and ponder how very small I am in the huge, awesome and awe inspiring picture of things.

You got an excellent photo!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, looking up at the stars certainly makes you think, doesn't it?

Thanks about the photo.