Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The #Rats Turn Two

Today is the second birthday of our ratty girls, Skye and Star.

I know some people aren't fans of rats, but I assure you our girls are sweet little things. Kelly was one of those people who didn't like rats, until he got me the girls. Actually, I was surprised he did, because he'd always insisted I couldn't have rats. But he went to look at them thinking he'd put up with having rats for me, and the girls stole his heart from day one. He brought them home almost two years ago (when the girls were about 12 weeks old) and now he's as eager to pet and play with them as I am, and actually calls Skye his baby girl. Haha!

Anyway, like I said, our ratty girls are two years old today. So...

Happy birthday, Skye and Star!

4 comments:

IntenseGuy said...

Happy birthday Skye and Star!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy!

Squeak soon,
Skye and Star

Rita said...

Rats are really intelligent and affectionate and enjoy the company of humans. You wouldn't think so after all humans have done to them, you know? I think I told you before that of all the rodents I ever had that rats were my favorites. I didn't expect that to be the case, either. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, you have said so before, and I understand why. The rats are good at knowing the difference between things you've given them to chew on and things we'd rather they didn't chew on. They don't make as much mess either. Add those facts to how easy to please and eager for affection they are, and you have the makings for a great pet.