Friday, January 04, 2008

Down with the decs

I forgot to mention yesterday (Thursday) when I did my blog that the night before (Wednesday night) I'd watched a couple of movies. So, I decided I'd mention them today (Friday).

Did you follow that? LOL! Anyway...

The first one was "Tracy Beaker - The Movie Of Me" which I hadn't actually seen before. It was, of course, based on the books by Jaqueline Wilson that the TV series was based on. The movie was about Tracy's 13th birthday, and her realising what her mother is really like. It was quite a good movie with many emotional scenes.

The other movie I watched was "Brother Bear" which I've seen several times before, but I don't remember if I mentioned what it was about on here before, so I will now. It tells the story of a young man who learns about love when he gets turned in to a bear by the spirits and meets a cute - but annoying - little bear cub. I have no idea how to spell the name of the guy who got turned in to a bear. It was "Keenai" or something like that. But I know the little bear cub was called Koda. It's a sweet little movie, with some funny parts - especially the bits with the Canadian mousses - in it, but a few sad bits too.

Anyway, moving on to today...

We took our Christmas decorations down today. Well, actually we put the tree away yesterday, but the bulk of the decorations - the reef on the front door, the tinsel, the little hanging ornaments, etc - only got put away today. So, it's official... Christmas is over!

I got a nice little card from my Grandma's friend Dawn to thank me for the little presents I'd sent to my Grandma's place for her and her little dog, Freddy. They weren't much, but she was obviously very pleased with them. That's the thing you're aiming for when you give presents to people though, isn't it?

I was getting a bit fed up of waiting for a letter to make my next appointment for the Gynaecologist, so I called them up today. They don't know why I didn't get a letter, but it said on my notes I was meant to be allowed a new appointment, so they let me make one. So, I go to see my Gynaecologist on Jan 17th at 2:20 pm. I could have gone on Jan 10th, but since I have to be at a different hospital at 10:30 am for an appointment with my eye doctor on Jan 10th I couldn't be sure I'd be able to make it to the other hospital in time. They tend to keep us waiting quite a while with our eye appointments, after all. So, just to be sure, I made it for the following week.

Can't think of anything else to say, so I'll just end this and go see if anyone's posted on their blogs since I checked all the blogs yesterday. Hope you're having a good day, or - if your day only just started - hope you have a good day! :)

Tori

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

"Brother Bear" is one movie I've missed that I still want to watch. Maybe I'll get around to it in the next little while when things *finally* slow down...yeah right like that'll happen.

Good for you on not waiting for that one appointment. I swear that drs thinks we have nothing better to do than hurry up and wait. Like we dont have other things that need doing at certain times. *sheeesh* Reminds me of hubby's new work...have yet to call us and tell us exactly WHEN the movers are coming and WHERE we're going to. Mind you we still need to make appointments for pest control to come in and do a last spraying, as well as appointments for the carpet cleaners and a maid service to do a "make ready" cleaning so we can sell this place.

Tori_Z said...

I think I have "Brother Bear" on DVD if you want to come watch it. LOL!

Hope things do calm down soon and that your hubby's new work call you soon. It'll be much easier for you to sort everything if you knew when it needed sorting by, you think?

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

so christmas is really over in your house then tori, it is in mine to, but it wont be long before we do it all over again will it,lol.

i will tell dawn you liked her little card, and yes she was very pleased with what you got her and little freddie.

glad to hear you got your appointment at the hospital for the gynie and i really do hope that all goe's well for you .

KAYLEE said...

GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A APPOINTMENT! I love brother bear :)sorry i wasnt here yesterday was sick.I am still sick today :(

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
Yes, if this year zooms by as fast as last year it wont be long before we're doing it all over again.

And, thanks.

Kaylee:
Thanks.

Sorry to hear you're sick again. Hope you're feeling better soon.