Friday, January 11, 2008

Heating, hospital, Sky and stuff

Kelly got our heat working today. Not really sure how he fixed it, but he did. Maybe one day we can actually get the maintanence people out to fix it properly? Yeah, I didn't think so either. LOL!

Had an appointment with my eye doctor yesterday (Thursday). Saw a doctor who's known me since I was about a week old. Half the doctors and nurses there seemed to remember me, so I started joking that I was as famous as Harry Potter. LOL! I know I'm not, but when all those doctors and nurses were remembering me I felt like Harry Potter when he first entered the wizarding world and found out he was famous.

Anyway, he's given me some eye ointment stuff to use as well as all the drops because I'm still getting some pain in my eye (and inside my head just behind my eye). I'm supposed to use it as and when I need it, but at least a couple of times a day. Hasn't helped so far, but it's only been a little over 24 hours, so I can't really pass judgement on how much (or if) it helps. Either way, I've got an appointment to go back and see him on May 15th 2008 at 11:15 am.

Still really cold here, but no sign of my snow. They're now saying I'm not going to get any until some time in February... *sigh*... Oh, well, can't really be helped. We have had LOADS of rain and strong winds, and even a bit of sleet and hail, but no snow.

Our Sky box keeps playing up, and between that and the bad weather we're not getting to watch much TV. Where the Sky people say the dish has to be to get a good signal the wind and rain keep knocking out the signal. We're getting fed up of paying for channels we can't watch though, so we're getting a Freeview box. It arrives on Monday. At least with a Freeview box the aerial can be indoors so wont be affected by the weather (unless there's a power cut, or a really bad storm, but that's different) and although we'll end up with a few less channels, we wont have to pay nearly £50 a month to be allowed to watch the channels we will get.

For some reason the rice milk seems to be making me sicker than the normal milk was. We have no idea why. All we know is that I spent the last few days not too well, and a few times was actually sick. Haven't had any of the rice milk today and I've been feeling fine. Perhaps, as LadyStyx said in the comments section of my last blog, the problem is something else? All I know is during the days I used the rice milk I was sick, and when I stopped drinking it I stopped being sick. *shrugs*

Can't remember if I mentioned in my last post that my new audio books and DVDs arrived on Monday. The audio books are, as you may remember from a few posts back, "Marley And Me" by John Grogan, and "Fairy Dust" by Gwyneth Rees. Haven't started listening to them yet though, because I'm still listening to "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows" (which I've almost finished listening to). The DVDs were, a movie called "Double, Double, Toil And Trouble" and the first season of "The Simpsons" (yes, the whole first season). Not watched them yet either.

I think that's just about everything I was going to post about. Time to go catch up on everyone else's blog posts, I think.

Tori

4 comments:

theteacher said...

Glad the heating is working. I love Marley and Me, it's such a fantastic book! Enjoy listening to it!

LadyStyx said...

Could be. See my comment in the last blog entry as I went into alot more detail. Time to find out what is really wrong.

AliceKay said...

I hope the ointment the doctor gave you helps with the pain in and behind your eye. I know it can be quite painful when your eye hurts. Feels like a hot needle sticking you.

Hope you get your tv all figured out soon so you can watch what you'd like to watch (and watch what you're paying to watch).

We watched "Bridge to Terabithia" last Sunday and I enjoyed it. It was a bit sad toward the end, but I thought it was a very good movie. Marty had bought it some time ago.

I bought "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" for Terri for Christmas, and he and I watched it Christmas night. I didn't get to see much of the last movie in the series, but this one was pretty good.

Happy to hear your heat is fixed.

Tori_Z said...

Rachel:
Mam started reading "Marley And Me" to me, but she never finished it, because too much keeps going on. Now that I've got the audio book though, I can find out how it ends.

LadyStyx:
I've read the comment you left on the last post. Don't know about the idea of the rice part being the problem, 'cause I can eat rice with no issues. Maybe my problem with the rice milk is whatever they used to sweeten it so much? I dunno.

AK:
When the Freeview box is up and running I wont have to pay for channels every month. Admittedly I wont have nearly as many as I have with Sky, but I also wont have a bill for about £50 a month to be able to watch the channels I get. Plus, with the aerial being indoors it would have to be either a power cut or a REALLY bad storm (the kind that knocks down power lines and stuff) for weather to affect the picture. Plus the little sods around here wont be able to pull my wire out because they wont be able to get at it.

I've got all five Harry Potter movies. Had "Harry Potter And The Order Of The Pheonix" for my birthday. Only two more movies for them to make now.