Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The theme is food

Monday (yesterday) Mam came down for dinner. We (OK, she) did do a bit of tidying up, because Mam being Mam she couldn't possibly just leave it a bit, lol! But other than that (and several trips outside for Kero to have a sniff about and a pee, and Mam to have a smoke) we didn't really do anything. Just sat around talking most of the afternoon and part of the evening. Then Mam went home and I went to bed.

Had to get up early today (Tuesday) because Mam and her friend Kelly were taking me to Asda to do some food shopping, but Mam had to be back home in time for a 1:00 pm driving lesson. Good thing is, I woke up really early, so was more than ready by the time they got here. I'd even made my way outside to sit on the bench in our front garden (communal garden) since it was dry and not quite as cold as it has been recently.

We stopped to get my Kelly his KFC on the way home from Asda, and I brought Mam and the other Kelly something to eat too. The choices were KFC, Burger King or something from in Asda, so I had something from in Asda, because I don't like KFC and can't stand Burger King. Give me McDonalds or Wendy's any day of the week, but I'd rather starve than eat at Burger King. If I had a choice between only those two, I'd at least eat the chips (fries) that KFC make, but not Burger King's. No way! Anyway, I got myself a couple of egg sandwiches and some nacho cheese dippers from Asda instead, and man were they good!

And, continuing the food theme...

I listened to "James And The Giant Peach" by Roald Dahl last night. I've heard the story loads of times before, but only recently got the audio version. For those who don't know, it's the story of an orphan named "James Henry Trotter" and how he escapes from his horrid aunts in a giant peach with some giant insects. It's an extremely far-fetched story, but I really love it, and would recommend it to anyone who likes far-fetched stories or stories about animals acting like people.

Anyway, I just wanted to quickly point out that I do completely understand that you have things going on (work, family issues, etc) that make it difficult to do blog posts. I was just commenting on how quiet the blogs were lately. My Grandma, for example, hasn't been on the blogs (not even to leave comments) for two weeks. So, please don't feel you need to appologise or anything.

Oh, and by the way, AliceKay, my comment about everyone being obsessed with chickens a few days ago, was because there's an organic farming show on TV, and it deals with chickens (among other things) and since the show started my Grandma and my Dad (both of whom have been watching it) have been talking about these chickens. My Dad was talking about them so much last Wednesday that I was starting to think the world was obsessed with chickens. LOL!

The only other thing I've got to say today is that today is my Mam's old cat Tigger's birthday. He's 17 years old, and - unfortunately - starting to show his age. Poor old man. Still, I wanted to say, "happy birthday" to him, and now I have.

Oh, and if you haven't already seen the post below this one, you might want to take a look at it.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day :)

Tori

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

We have "James and the Giant Peach" on VHS. I can't really remember too much about it, tho...we bought it years ago for the kids.

I prefer BK's fries over McDonald's fries any day. *winks* I get the chicken selects at McDonald's. I think they're pretty good. :)

Is your dad still talking about those chicken? LOL

Tori_Z said...

AK:
I've got a copy on VHS, but it was recorded from the TV YEARS ago and I need to get a better copy of it, because it was never good quality from the start, and is even worse now.

Well, I'll eat your fries from McDonalds, and you can have my BK food :)

Haven't seen Dad since last Wednesday, so I don't know. He'll be here tonight though, so I'll let you know. LOL! :)

AliceKay said...

Deal!

Tori_Z said...

Nope, Dad's not on the chicken topic any more. LOL!

KAYLEE said...

Well I see I am not forgotten while I am gone. ;) I too hate burger king but I dont each much fast food anyway....hope you are well Tori. I just seem to be getting worse(before better) but I force myself to write a post even when I dont feel good.I think that going to school all day may be part of my problem...because I need more rest then I go nowadays.I may just go back to homeschooling...I am more focus on getting better right now. :)

KAYLEE said...

get not go LOL

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Yes, it does sound like spending all day in school is tiring you out. Maybe going back to home schooling may be the better option. For now at least.