Monday, February 11, 2008

Smiles on a sunny Monday

These photos were taken this afternoon (or would you call the time between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm evening?) My Mam was playing with my model dragon after taking the photo in the post below this one, and Kero was trying to figure out what planet she was on. LOL!

Makes a change for my Mam to be laughing and smiling so much.




There are more photos (not all from today) in my photo albums. Only about half a dozen photos (including these ones) but you can go look if you want to.

Anyway...

Today has been another one of those beautiful sunny days. The kind where it's warm enough not to need jumpers or coats, but still cool enough so you can get on and do stuff without getting all hot and snappy. So, perfect weather in other words.

I took Kero outside quite a few times just for an excuse to sit out there. I doubt he minded that though. LOL!

Mam came down for the afternoon. Normally when she comes down Kelly goes up and spends some time with my Dad, but he decided not to today. Instead he stayed home and spent the afternoon with Mam and me. We had a really nice afternoon. All of us were in good moods, which always helps.

We got some housework done, but messed about while doing it, so it made it more fun. Then Mam cooked us all dinner. Mam and I had bacon, herby mushrooms, scrambled eggs and chips, but Kelly had bacon, sausages and chips. Mam and I had already planned our meal not realising Kelly would be here, and he doesn't eat eggs and mushrooms as a rule, which is why he had sausages instead of the eggs and mushrooms. After today Mam is back on her diet again, which was part of the reason for us having the bacon and chips today. There was also the fact we wanted something different, and when Mam suggested the meal last week I liked the idea, and brought some bacon and mushrooms so it could be made.

While we're on the subject of food, here's our menu for this week:

Tuesday: Chicken pie, potatoes and veg
Wednesday: Sausages, mash and beans
Thursday: Dinner out (Mam, Dad, Kelly and I are going out to dinner for Valentine's day)
Friday: Gammon, chips and peas
Saturday: Baked potato and nut cutlets
Sunday: Chicken roast dinner (at my parents' place)
Monday: Lamb steaklets, potatoes and veg

OK, going back to today...

We called to speak to the housing officer, but he'd just been called out of the office. So, we've been told to call back at 9:00 am tomorrow morning. That's when he's meant to have only just clocked in, so we should be able to catch him before he goes out on any appointments or in to any meetings or whatever. So, we'll be calling him, then heading off to Asda to do some shopping. That's the plan anyway. LOL!

I think that covers just about everything for today. Don't forget to scroll down and look at my dragon (if you haven't already) :)

Enjoy whatever's left of your day :)

Tori

4 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Damn. Ya made me all hungry again! *wanders off for an early supper*

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

lovely photo's tori and lovely smile on your mam.

you certainly seemed to be having fun and eatting well, i had chips today as well.

theteacher said...

I can't believe how nice the weather is either! Glad things your end are all going well!

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx:
Well, at least I'm making you feel hungry and not making you feel sick. LOL! :)

Grandma:
Glad you liked the photos.

Rachel:
It seems Spring has arrived, don't you think?