Monday, February 18, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Hmm...

I don't know what happened to the weekend, but it seemed in a hurry to be over with. LOL!

Friday morning, Megan brought a bird home and let go of it in our hallway. We have no idea what happened to it after that though, because we lost sight of it and never heard it after that. We know it was injured, but not how badly. So, we aren't sure if it could have quickly doubled back and got outside, or if it just found a place near where Megan let go of it and hid there. Mam, Elizabeth, Kelly and I all searched everywhere, but we couldn't find it. There was a dead bird on the window sill next day though, so we're wondering if that was the same bird. Hope so, 'cause otherwise I might have a dead bird somewhere in my bedroom or living room... Yuck! *Pulls a disgusted face*

Didn't do much (apart from trying to find the bird, and doing those posts I did) on Friday. Although, I did finish listening to the books I have on CD from "The Worst Witch" collection by Jill Murphy. For anyone who doesn't know, the series is about a witch in training named "Mildred Hubble" for whom everything seems to go wrong. The books I have from the series are "The Worst Witch" "The Worst Witch Strikes Again" and "The Worst Witch Saves The Day." And, yes, I did enjoy them all.

I also started listening to "Goodnight Mr Tom" by Michelle Magorian, which I finished listening to last night. It's the story of a little boy called William who is evacuated from London to live in the country with a man named "Tom Oakley" during the second world war, and what happens to him during that time. I don't want to say any more, because it would give the story away too much. But, anyway, I enjoyed it.

On Saturday, Mam came to visit and we watched a few of my DVDs, one of which was the movie version of "Goodnight Mr Tom" and, yes, it was as good as the book. Although, watching the movie during the time I was listening to the audio book made the bits that were left out or slightly changed even more obvious. Still, like I said, I did enjoy them both, and that's all that matters, right?

Mam and I also watched "Double, Double, Toil And Trouble" which is a movie starring Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen that I watched not too long ago. Not going to bore you with details about it because I posted about it when I watched it before. If you really want to read about it, you'll have to look through my posts from the past few weeks to find the write-up about it. Don't get me wrong, it was a really good movie, but I don't want to repeat myself. At least, not so soon. LOL!

We also watched the first eight episodes of series 9 of "Friends" while Mam made some bread. Not sure why she decided to make bread while we watched it, but I'm not daft enough to turn down home-made bread. Especially when I get to eat it fresh from the oven with butter on it. Mmm! *Grins*

Yesterday (Sunday) we all had dinner at my parents' place. This week it was a chicken dinner (roast chicken, stuffing, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, cabbage, sweet potato, sprouts and gravy). And, yes, it was as delicious as it sounds. LOL!

Mam drove us home, and Kero was really enjoying sitting on my lap in the back seat with the breeze from Mam's open window blowing in his face. I've never known him to enjoy a car ride so much. Bless him.

I went to bed when we got home from my parents' place, because I had a headache. I don't think it was anything worth worrying about though, because it was gone by this morning. I think it's probably just from the fact I've not been sleeping all that great lately. Getting to sleep isn't a problem, neither is staying asleep, or getting back to sleep if I wake. It's just I'm having such a restless sleep that I'm waking up just as tired as I was when I got in to bed... If not more so.

Anyway...

Today (Monday) I had an appointment to see the nurse for the Asthma clinic. Just an anual check-up. Although, I never got to see her last year, because we had a few issues with trying to sort out appointments (long story, wont bore you with it). So, I went to see her today and she's changing one of my inhalers because during the times I really "need" them I can't use that particular one properly. The one it's being changed to is easier to use (I tried one out while I was there) but it's the same as the one I have now in every other way.

While I was at the doctors' surgery I asked about the results of my blood tests, and was told that everything was "fine" and that the doctors were happy with the results. So, in theory I wont be needing any more blood tests for at least a couple of months. YAY! LOL!

Mam, Elizabeth and I spent a few hours together today, and we had a really nice afternoon/evening. We talked (something Elizabeth and I are great at, lol) and listened to music, and that kind of thing. So, basically, we just had a nice, relaxing few hours together, which was a really nice change, since most times when we're all together we end up spending the whole time doing chores and such.

OK, well, I think I've rambled on enough for one evening. LOL!

Enjoy whatever's left of your day :)

Tori

6 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i really love the film "mr tom" it really is a good fim.

and lets hope the dead "dead bird" is the same bird.

and my that "sunday lunch" sounded really scrumsouse(dont know if i spelt that right) but you know what i mean,lol.

glad to hear " kero" enjoyed his " car ride" he must be getting used to it a bit more now.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

oh and i dont blame you for not turning the " bread" down,lol.

LadyStyx said...

Gotta love hot fresh bread with butter!

Glad the dr appointment went well!

MarmiteToasty said...

I to LOVE the film ....... and maybe the roast ya parents dished up was actually the dead bird LOL.... and now I feel the need to make fresh bread..... nah, I go to the bakery in the village LOL

X

theteacher said...

Ah, bless, Meg brought you a pressie! Bet you're really pleased with that! LOL.

Tori_z said...

Yes, it is quite a popular film.

Grandma:
Yes, it does seem Kero is getting used to his car rides.

And, the roast was as good as it sounds.

LadyStyx:
No kidding! :)

And, thanks :)

MarmiteToasty:
Welcome to my blog :)

Nah, I don't think it was. I doubt there'd have been enough of that bird to feed seven adults and two dogs. Plus my Mam wouldn't have been able to go through with it. Although, if my Dad had been doing the cooking I wouldn't have been surprised to find that at least some of the meat was that bird. LOL!

I'd by my fresh bread in the shop too, but Mam keeps offering to make me some, and there's no point me buying some if she's making it, is there? LOL!

Rachel:
Oh, yeah, I was SO pleased with my present from Megan... LOL!