Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 2009 craft update: birds, boats and more (LBE)

It's time for December 2009's craft update.

Here are the items that never made it in to November's craft update...

Two little angels.



The same angels, painted by Mam.



Two sailing boats.



The boats after Mam painted them.



Two little cats.



The cats, painted by Mam.



A cockerel.



The cockerel after Mam painted him.



A little fairy.



The fairy after Mam painted her.



A litttle Robin.



The Robin in a nest.



The Robin in his nest, this time fully painted by Mam.



A tractor.



The tractor, painted by Mam.



All the above items, after they were painted by my Mam.



A single cone.



The cone after being painted by Kelly.



Well, I had to make an orange cone, didn't I? ;)

Anyway...

Two turtles.



Another photo of the turtles.



The turtles - painted (paintwork started by Kelly, and finished off by Mam).




A cat and a Westie.



The cat and Westie after being painted (paint work was a joint effort between Mam and Kelly).




The skull candle holder I showed you in a previous craft update (I think October?) only now Kelly and Mam have painted it (Kelly did the basic painting, Mam added the detail).





And - at long last - the dragon candle holder is painted and ready to be shown! Again, the paint work was a joint effort, only this time I did the actual base coat (well, of the body anyway), because I wanted to help paint this one. Then Kelly did the next stage, and Mam added the finishing touches (like the details on the wings, and the name).



Here's a better picture:



That's it for the items that didn't make it in to last month's craft update post. Sorry for the quality of many of the photos, but getting good shots was quite difficult.

Some - well, actually, most - of the items in this post, and - in fact - most of the craft items I've made this year, were made as Christmas presents. So, I can now tell you that they have been recieved, and the people appear pleased with their gifts. :)

Right, I think that will do for this month's craft update... I have basically finished my next project, but I'll leave details until next time. There's enough in this post already, I think! ;)

Tori

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

It looks like you kept your mam pretty busy painting. LOL They all look very cute. Loved the robin in it's nest.

Of course you had to make an orange cone. :)

Deanna said...

Your whole family have been mighty busy! I really like the cockerel. They are all very cute.

That orange cone is the best, though.

Intense Guy said...

I love the tractor, dragon, and the rooster. :) Your painting crew make an excellent team.

And, of course, how could anyone not like the orange cone? LOL.

Hugs the silly Welsh person...

Wendyburd1 said...

Maxie got a stocking full of new treats and candy cane shaped rawhides and a new ball and squeaky toy. He had the stocking's contents all over the floor in minutes, he was such a happy dog, he loves when everyone is home AND paying attention to him! LOL!

Tori_z said...

Thank you all... And I'm sure my painting crew appreciate the compliments too. :)

Wendy:
Thanks for replying to my question. Sounds like Max was as spoiled as our dogs. LOL!

Celticspirit said...

Excellent job! I especially like the bird in the nest! It is adorable.

Tori_z said...

Thanks Barb!