Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Inkheart

Based on the book by Cornelia Caroline Funky

"Mortimer "Mo" Folchart and his 12-year-old daughter, Meggie, share an extraordinary gift for bringing characters from books to life when they read aloud. But there is a danger: when a character is brought to life from a book, a real person disappears into its pages. On one of their trips to a secondhand book shop, Mo locates a book he's been searching for since Meggie was three years old, when her mother, Resa, vanished into its mystical world. But Mo's plan to use the book to find and rescue Resa is thwarted when Capricorn, the evil villain of "Inkheart," kidnaps Meggie and, discovering she has inherited her father's gift, demands that she bring to life his most powerful ally, the Shadow. Determined to rescue his daughter and send the fictional characters back where they belong, Mo assembles a small group of friends and family--some from the real world, some from the pages of books--and embarks on a daring and perilous journey to set things right.

(Above taken from this site)

I watched this one Saturday too. It was pretty good, though I did feel they were in too much of a hurry to get to the big action scene at the end. I haven't actually read the book yet, so I'm hoping that - once I get a copy of the book so can do so - I find that's not the case with the book, and that they just did to Inkheart what they did to most of the Harry Potter books.

Tori

4 comments:

Celticspirit said...

I watched this a couple of months ago. Great movie. I generally like anything that has Brendan Fraiser in it. He is quite the hunk.

Intense Guy said...

If you get the book, I hope you don't fall into it. You would be greatly missed.

:) Such a creative story line!

Deanna said...

I might have to check this out. I'm thinking the book first.

Tori_z said...

Thanks Iggy! :)