Friday, December 18, 2009

The Golden Compass

"Young Lyra Belacqua is thrown into an adventure that takes her to the Arctic, and the company of witches and talking bears in this star-studded adaptation of the first of Philip Pullman's acclaimed trilogy."

(Above taken from this page)

This was another movie I watched recently, having wanted to see it for some time. I noticed while looking for a brief description of the movie that didn't actually tell you the plot, that many people were disappointed in the movie, and didn't enjoy it. Personally, I did enjoy it. I wonder if - perhaps - those who didn't have read the book? If so then that would make it understandable, because many people who read books then watch the films based on those books are disappointed by the movie. Anyway, I thought it was a really good movie. And, if the books are even half as good, then I know the books will be worth a read!

Tori

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Any movie or book with a talking bear has gotta be good!

:)

Tori_z said...

LOL @ Iggy!

Good point though! :)