Monday, December 07, 2009

Rainy days and Mondays

Today is a rainy day, and a Monday. Actually most days have been rainy days lately. Mondays or not!

Mam and I both had to go to town today to run a couple of errands, so we ended up getting quite wet. That's nothing new these days though. I can't even remember the last day that it was dry for a whole 24 hour period at one go! The longest we've had recently is a couple of hours without rain.

Apparently November was the wettest month since records began. Well, I don't know if that's true or not... After all, I wasn't there recording rain fall levels for every single month from the start. In fact, I wasn't even doing so last month. But, anyway, I think December is trying to claim that title. Only, December is colder too! So we have the cold temperatures, and the rain. Not to mention the wind, hail and storms. Aren't we the lucky ones? Still no sign of snow though! :(

I'll get caught up on blogs tomorrow or something. Sorry... Too tired tonight.


Hugs and get well wishes to all in need of them!

Tori

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Maybe if that guy that controls the planet speed sped things up some more the clouds would get left behind somewhere in a heap?

Hugs. Sounds like the kind of weather that would drive me batty - I hope you can get warm afterwards - a nice hot fire would feel good huh?

AliceKay said...

I hope the rain lets up for you soon, Tori (or switches to snow). It's not fun having to run errands in the rain all of the time. It gets rather annoying after awhile.

It's been very cold here the past few days, and my furnace seems to be running a lot. (i can hear the fuel oil being sucked thru the lines as i type this) We still have snow on the ground where I live.

A nice hot fire would feel really good right about now. I can't seem to get warm tonight.

I hope you were able to get some rest. Have a good Tuesday. *hugs*

Deanna said...

Tis the season to get wet apparently. Hope the rain lets up on you just a bit... well actually a lot! Hope you got some good sleep. Hugs.

Deanna

Wendyburd1 said...

I know I am exhausted. And I want snow not rain anymore!

Celticspirit said...

I hope you see some sunshine soon! I love rain but a month of it gets to be too much. We had a whole month of it in the spring and then again in the fall. At least it seemed that way. Hope things are going well for you!

MarmiteToasty said...

Sounds like your as sick to death of this wet weather as I am.....

wouldnt it be great to have snow... except I would have to be oh so careful not to slip LOL cos once down I would have to stay there until I shivelled up and died..ya would have to pretend I was a speed hump until I decayed and disappeared lol

x

Tori_z said...

Yep, snow instead would be very welcome! And a nice fire to sit in front of after playing out in the snow sounds great too! :)

Toasty:
Well, just make sure you've got your mobile on you then you can call or text someone to get hurt... 999 calls are free even from mobiles! ;)

Tori_z said...

Oh, and... LOL @ Iggy!

Wouldn't that make time go even faster though? I mean, isn't it going fast enough already?