Friday, August 21, 2015

Furkid Friday - August 21st 2015 (FD)

Hellooo everyone!

This is Baggins the gerbil.

The humans let us have one of those little round blue things they call blueberries the other day. We don't get them often; the humans say berries contain too much sugar for us to have them a lot. We love them when we get them though.

Actually, my degu brothers aren't allowed them at all, because they have what the Mummy human calls "special dietry requirements" that mean they can't have things like berries. They're not even allowed cheese! Can you believe that? My gerbil brother, Bilbo, and our ratty sisters, Skye and Star, were the only ones other than me allowed one of those blueberry things. Actually, I think the girls got two, but since the girls are so much bigger than me and Bilbo, we don't mind.

My degu brothers had some uncooked pasta instead. The Mummy human says it's better for them than berries, and they enjoy gnawing on it enough not to mind. They only get upset if they get nothing when we get nibbles they aren't allowed, but I don't blame them for that one. That doesn't usually happen though, since the Mummy human makes sure we all get something... Even if what we get is different, which it quite often has to be, due to those different "dietry requirements" the Mummy human often talks about.

Plus, we all have our favourites, and things we don't like. Bilbo and I, for example, love cheerios, cheese, pumpkin seeds, and berries. But we aren't too keen on nuts, nor dry pasta. Our degu brothers love nuts, cheerios, and dry pasta. But they aren't too keen on seeds, nor on any of the fresh veggies they're supposed to be allowed to eat. As for our ratty sisters... They love most food; especially cheerios, cheese, fruit, and egg. But they don't really like dry pasta, nor seeds.

OK... All this talk of food is making me hungry, so I'm going to go find something to nibble on.

Squeak soon,
Baggins

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hi Baggins!

I love blueberries too!

And actually like Cheerios too.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Good for you!

Squeak soon,
Baggins