Friday, August 28, 2015

Furkid Friday - August 28th 2015

Hi humans, rodent types, and anyone else reading this. This is Jasper the degu.

I don’t like the weather we’ve been having lately! It’s either been too hot, which makes me and my rodent siblings feel uncomfortable and cross, or stormy, which makes us feel really scared.

The worst was one time when the storm came and the human caretakers weren’t home. I’m not sure what was worse about that day: the fact we didn’t have the human caretakers around when we were so frightened, or the fact the storm made our radio go off.

I didn’t even know storms could turn radios off like that, but that one did, and my degu brothers and I weren’t happy. Our gerbil brothers weren’t bothered about the radio being off, but they didn’t like us being upset, so they started stamping to call the human caretakers. But, of course, they were out somewhere, so they didn’t come. Our ratty sisters just hid in their house until the human caretakers came home, then asked for cuddles.

I will say one thing for the human caretakers though: they came straight to us to make us feel better when they got home, and put our radio back on too. In fact, they did such a good job of making us feel better that, even though the storm was still happening, by the time they’d been home five minutes, we’d all calmed down and were feeling a bit better. Not 100% better, but enough that my degu brothers and I were able to calm down enough to curl up in our nesting box and go to sleep, the gerbils stopped stamping and went in to one of their burrows, and our ratty sisters moved to their hammock (which is their favourite napping place).

I hate storms!

Squeak soon,
Jasper

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You got some loving humans - I'm sure they would be with you all the time if they could be!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
That's what the Mummy human says. She tells us she's sorry she has to go away sometimes, but humans have things they have to do outside the home sometimes. We don't like it, but they go and do those things - whatever they are - anyway.

Squeak soon,
Jasper