Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - August 12th 2015

I have a story just needing the final edits, another in the middle of re-writes, and another I’ve just started writing.

The one just needing final edits is one I wrote about a degu who gets out of his cage when his humans don’t close the cage door properly. It was inspired by the same thing almost happening here a few weeks ago (we got the cage door secured before our degus noticed though). I’m calling it “Degu’s Day Out” – unless I come up with a better title between now and when I discuss the cover with one of my cover artists (which I plan to do in the next couple of weeks). I have to decide exactly what I want on the cover too...

Anyway, the one in the middle of re-writes is “Zeena And The Gryphon” (the second “Zeena Dragon Fae” book) and the one I’ve just started writing is “Zeena And The Mermaid” (the third “Zeena Dragon Fae” book).

So, I have plenty of writing projects keeping me busy. Not to mention, there are still plenty of plot bunnies waiting impatiently for my attention.

If you're a writer too, how's your writing coming along?

Is your writing not going too well today? Here are the 5 stages of the writer's nap; it really does help sometimes!

If, however, the writer's nap didn't help, and you're still struggling to get your creative juices flowing, these 20 writing prompts might help you out. Still stuck? Here are another 20 writing prompts. There are also many more writing prompts to be found on the blog I got those from. Some may work as general blog prompts too.

This is how to always be a passionate writer... In case your problem is that you feel you've lost your passion for writing.

You could also try this writing exercise; be it to get your creative juices flowing again, or just for a change of pace.

Once you have your creative juices flowing again, these 5 techniques for amazing internal dialogue might come in handy. Also, here are some thoughts on how the little details count.

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I hope you have a LONG list of plot bunnies!!

Hugs!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, I do, so there will be plenty of books from me in the future.