Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - August 26th 2015

There are many different kinds of writers, and most of us have a writing process that works for us. However, if you're confused by all the articles telling you how you should write, here are 8 steps to discover your perfect writing process, in the hopes they will help you figure out what's right for you.

***

Looking for a way to make marketing more fun? How about rewarding your fans with a bit of flash fiction from time to time?

If you're not convinced this will help, here are 5 awesome benifits to writing flash fiction for your e-mail subscribers, or blog followers, to help you decide if it's something you want to try.

Hmmm... Maybe I should do that on my blog from time to time?

***

Have you been given the oppertunity for a radio or podcast interview? If so, here are some tips to help you get the most out of the oppertunity. Hopefully they will help you if you're nervous about it too... But, then again, maybe not.

I mean, I was really nervous when I did the interview with Indie Writers Review a while back, even though I had the questions ahead of time, and had listened to some of their other interviews. All the blog and website interviews I'd done before then hadn't fully prepared me for a live interview, and I knew it. Still, it all went alright on the night, so to speak, and turned out to be a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

It takes awhile to master the live interview without being nervous but if you know your stuff it usually isn't nearly as intimidating as it seems. I understand now how hard politicians and others must prepare with their talking points to make sure they get their thoughts well articulated in a short period of time -- sound byte-worthy! I'm glad it was a good experience!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I doubt the nervousness ever goes away; especially with interviews that are broadcast live. I suspect it just gets easier to hide your nervousness.

Intense Guy said...

That link with the 8 steps to writing is awesome!!

I don't mind editing someone else's work a couple times - the process can be hard on the writer though!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes... It can be difficult hearing any kind of Critisism of your work. That rule applies with anyone and everyone: authors, artists, chefs, carpenters, and anyone else who does anything creative.