Sunday, September 14, 2008

No inspiration (FD)

I wasn't able to figure out what to call today's blog post. So I called it "no inspiration" since that's all I could think while attempting to think of a title.

Anyway...

Haven't done a lot the last couple of days. I've been looking for some interesting things to post on here over the next couple of weeks, since there wont be a whole lot going on for me to post about (at least, not unless something unexpected crops up). And managed to catch up on some much needed sleep. But that's pretty much it.

Although, I did listen to "Hard Times" by Charles Dickens the other day. It was an interesting story. I'm sure most of you have at least heard of it. I suppose the simplest form of a plot summery would be to say that it's about a man who thinks the most important thing in life is knowledge of facts, and nothing else matters. But he learns there are other things in life just as important - if not more so!

And I watched "Five Children And It" which I've seen before and I'm sure I mentioned on here at the time, so I wont do so again. But I will say that it's a good movie. :)

Oh yeah... I've also posted some recipes on our recipe page that I found. And there's one there that I got in an e-mail (I think from Kati, if I remember rightly). So those of you who enjoy cooking might want to go take a look at those.

Anyway...

This would have been my Mam's weekend to come and stay with me, but since she's not well and I'm not 100% myself we decided to give it a miss this weekend.

Mam and I were meant to have some duck pancakes and chicken fahettas (I think I spelled that right) for dinner last night. But Kelly and I had them instead. I loved the duck pancakes, but have decided that proper fahettas aren't for me. Even Kelly - who has no problems with spicy food - went through about three pints of drink just to eat the 10 or so little tiny fahettas that were in the box!

Anyway...

I don't know what I'll be doing today. There's probably some blog posts for me to catch up on, so I expect I'll go take a look later on. But other than that... *Shrugs*... I guess we'll just see what the day brings.

Sorry this isn't the most exciting of posts. I promise I've got some more exciting stuff for you to read soon. In the meantime, Kelly's got an interesting post on his blog. It's got some details on creatures from British folk tales and there's a link at the bottom of the post where you can go to the site it came from and read more about the folk tales of England, Scotland and Wales. It's an interesting post and an interesting website. It's kind of a long post though... Just so you know.

Anyway... Enjoy your Sunday. :)

Tori

P.S. Even World Of Warcraft is getting involved in the squirrel chronicles by the look of it. The different races have various amusing quotes they use when you type a certain thing, and I was informed this morning that one of the ones for the gnomes is, "you know... Squirrels can become quite agressive when cornered!" LOL!

But, my favourite of the gnome quotes has to be: "I appologise perfusely for any inconvenience my murderous rampage may have caused you!"

11 comments:

AliceKay said...

It seems squirrels are everywhere. LOL

LadyStyx said...

*laffz* They sure are Alice. Agressive squirrels...reminds me of that story I told from my WalMart days....I wont bother telling it again as it's in my blog somewhere...more than likely twice.

MarmiteToasty said...

I have a little squirrel that is getting real tame in me back garden :)

Tori, my email to you keeps bouncing back??? have you changed your addy?

x

Tori_z said...

AK:
Yep... They're taking over the world... Just like I said on Chicago's blog. LOL!

Styxie:
Yeah, I remember reading that post... LMAO!

Toasty:
Have you given him/her a name?

As for the e-mail... No. Still the same addy. My Mam had the same problem the other day when she was trying to send me a link to something though. Maybe try sending to my hotmail one? (same beginning as my BT one, just with hotmail.co.uk at the end instead of the btinternet.com). Hopefully that'll work.

MarmiteToasty said...

MMmmmm ok I just tried the hotmail.co.uk one and that to instantly bounced back WTF....

x

Tori_z said...

Weird...

Gonna try and send you an e-mail and see if you can reply to it. Will go do it now so keep a look out for it.

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
Found two e-mails from you in my BT inbox... So I replied to one of them. Hope you get it. :)

Intense Guy said...

I've seen pictures of gasp! armed squirrels!!! thats going beyond aggressive don't you think?!

:)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Just a little... LOL!

LadyStyx said...

no worse than the smokin one in Sugar Bush's blog....

Tori_z said...

I tell you, I'm getting more and more convinced every day that the squirrels are taking over the world!