Tuesday, September 16, 2008

They're everywhere! (AE&D)

They're everywhere! There's no escape! Nobody's safe any more! There's nowhere to hide!

I'm talking, of course, about squirrels.

They're even on The Hoobs now! I kid you not!

For those who don't know, "The Hoobs" is a kids' TV show where they ask a question then report the answer for "Hoob news" which is broadcast to Hoobs all over Hoob Land. Anyway, the three Hoobs who do the news are on "The Peep Planet" (Earth) and the questions are about things that are found or that happen here. And while searching for the right answer they find out about and explore other possible ideas. The idea is that they aren't from this planet and have no idea how things work over here.

Well, imagine my surprise when I turned on the TV for Hoobs this morning only to find that today's question was about why they'd found some nuts in a hole in the ground. I'm sure you can all figure out the eventual answer, right? Yup! That's right! "Because a squirrel buried them so it could go back to find them in Winter when there aren't any left on the trees."

I'm telling you... Nowhere's safe any more! I think it's too late for us all! The squirrels have invaded our world and they've taken over! The planet's gone nuts and there's nothing we can do about it! There's nowhere to run... Nowhere to hide! Squirrels are everywhere!

Tori

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Done told ya, even the children (and now their shows) have been corrupted!!!

ChicagoLady said...

Too bad most squirrels forget where they bury their nuts, lol. Hmmm, that sounds kind of odd.

Wonder what this planet would look like if it were run by squirrels?

Intense Guy said...

"Wonder what this planet would look like if it were run by squirrels"

Some of it would look like the picture on LadyStyx's blog.

Oh, and there would be a lot more trees -

AliceKay said...

I had to come to a complete stop on my way to work yesterday to wait for a squirrel to make up it's mind what side of the street it wanted to be on. It had a walnut in it's mouth running back and forth across the street. I think I need a bumper sticker that says "I brake for squirrels". :)

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
LOL!

Chicago:
True! They need to learn to draw maps or something. LOL!

Iggy:
Yep, definately more trees. Will take a look at that post in a sec.

AK:
LOL! Yep, sounds that way. :)