Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tuesday's random scribbles

A little while ago I made a note of some interesting things to post on days like today when I haven't done much so don't have much to blog about. It had links to sites with interesting things to post, etc. Unfortunately I don't actually know what I did with that list. I expect I put it somewhere safe... That's a dangerous thing to do... I'm sure you all know what happens to things when you put them "safe"... They disappear and are never found again (or they are, but by the time you find them they're no longer needed). So it appears my idea list has entered whatever realm these items end up in.

Another thing that has entered this realm is a certain poster I mentioned in the comments section of my "Dandelion" poem on my poetry page. I know where the printed out version is... It's in a folder with some of my drawings at my parents' place. But I don't know what happened to the copy that was on the computer and which - as far as I was concerned - was on one of my back-up disks. I'd ask my Mam to bring the art folder for Kelly to scan the poster in for me to post, but I think she's put it somewhere safe. ;)

I was going to do a google search game thingy that Robyn posted on her blog. But I can't be bothered to fiddle about with having two or three windows open in order to do it at this moment. Besides, Sylvester just told me it's 11:00 pm, and I think that's a bit late to start doing fiddly things that will - due to how things work with screen readers - take a while to complete. Maybe when I'm up early on Thursday seeing Kero off to the groomer then waiting for the table to arrive I can do it? We'll see.

My hobbits (I ordered two packs... 5 hobbits in total) should be in the post. Or, if not then they should be sent out tomorrow. They'd have probably been here by now, but when we ordered them we also ordered something for Kelly that's not officially released until Saturday, and the web site says they keep all items until the last item is available. The reason I know it should be today or tomorrow they're sent out though is that the site also says that items that are preordered are sent out about 4 days before the release date so that they should arrive on the date they're released.

I can't think of anything else to say today, so I'll just let this do and say that I hope everyone who's not feeling too good is doing better soon. Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Dontcha just hate that? When I was working at the school in Louisiana, my boss had the habit of telling me to put things "somewhere safe" and I was forever telling her NOT to do that because if it's "somewhere safe" then that means it's safe from me too!! I remember this one time she told me early in the school year to do just that with candles that she wanted for the graduation ceremonies later in the year. I of course warned her that it was dangerous instructions and was she sure? Well she was and of course come May, I couldnt find them. Took us 2 days to find those buggers!

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i know exactly what you are saying about " things put away safe" iv'e done it often and yes usually they are lost for ever, i still cant find my bag of clothe's pegs and they were one of the last things to leave my old address.

jayde didnt her card today.

grandmax

Intense Guy said...

I have found that "somewhere safe" place to be like a black hole!

I put my passport somewhere safe a year ago and I've been looking for it for over 6 months now.

Tori_z said...

Yep! That somewhere safe is just too safe!

Grandma:
Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow

Jess said...

Don't worry - somehwere safe is always the final place you look. Try under the mattress, at the back of the really big cupboard and on top of the wardrobe.
Hope those hobbits aren't too tardy!

Tori_z said...

LMAO @ Tardy hobbits