Monday, September 15, 2008

Squirrels, a meme and Kero (LBE... FD but AE&D)

It's official... Squirrels have taken over the world! I knew it was only a matter of time, and now I know I was right! Enemies of the little nutters beware!

First they found their way in to posts on the blogs of innocent, unsuspecting humans. Leading everyone to believe that they were cute, fluffy little things that just scampered about among the trees and ate nuts. But after a while they began to show their true colours. And now... Now they're everywhere!

They're taking over everyone's blogs (despite having their own blogs), they're on World Of Warcraft, they're in our gardens.... Where will they be spotted next?

And they're no longer the fluffy, innocent-looking nut gatherers they once appeared! They're armed and dangerous! And one of them unknowingly provided proof that not all fires started near trees are caused by mankind... Some of those fires were started by a squirrel's cigarrette not being put out properly!

Oh, yes! It's all becoming clear now... If only we'd realised sooner! If only we were more prepared! But we didn't know... We weren't prepared... And now it's too late!

Run... While you still have the chance!

***~***

OK... So, moving on - very swiftly...

Whim posted a meme thingy on her blog, and I don't have plans for this evening, so I thought I'd play along. You're meant to tag six people afterwards, but I'm going to take a leaf out of Whim's book and just say that, "if you want to play too, then great! Otherwise... No big deal. It's your call!"

Anyway... The meme is a "six unremarkable things about me" meme.

So, here goes...

1. I'm a very patient person, except when I'm over tired or very hungry. If either of those things is an issue then I become bad tempered, and if both are an issue then you'd probably be best to stay away.

2. I prefer to be bare footed and only wear shoes or slippers if I "have to"... Basically, if I'm going out somewhere or if it's wet or snowy and someone makes me put something on my feet (yes, I have been out in the snow in bare feet... Mam and Kelly weren't impressed with me I can tell you, LOL!!)

3. I don't drink any alcaholic drinks. I'm not saying I never have, I just learned very quickly that you can go too far with it and that I'd rather avoid the stuff.

4. I often try unusual food combinations just to see if they taste good together... Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't! For example: Jam, marmite, marmalade, cheese, ketchup and butter on the same piece of toast doesn't taste too bad, but doesn't stay down too well either so should probably be avoided. Where as Bacon, chips, cheese, gravy and mint sauce is fantastic (and it stays down too, lol!)

5. I try to get up for 6:00 am on a week day morning to watch "The Hoobs" (even if I then go back to bed for an hour or more afterwards). Yeah, I know, I'm a big kid! LOL!

6. I love my little Westie (Kero) as if he was mmy baby, and treat him as part of the family. He even gets cards and presents on his birthday and Christmas. As well as a mention on cards that I send to others.

***~***

I took Kero for a walk by myself yesterday afternoon because I was bored, it was actually dry-ish, and Kelly was busy so couldn't come with us (and I didn't dare wait for him to not be busy in case it rained and we missed our chance for a walk).

We didn't go far, but it was a nice little walk. And Kero seemed really pleased about it. Not that I'm surprised, since - I have to admit - he's not getting walked as often as he should be. I mean, between the weather, other stuff happening, my reluctance to go anywhere, etc... You get the picture, I'm sure.

Anyway...

I'm really proud of him. I think he realises that I can't see a thing any more, because I've never seen him so well behaved. Normally he zig-zags in front of people, going from one side of the path to the other. And when Kelly and Mam walk him he doesn't care about dragging them off the path and in to walls, lamp posts, etc.

But when I took him yesterday... He stuck to one side of the path, he didn't keep trying to drag me on to the grass, and he went around stuff so well that the only thing that touched them was the tip of my cane.

Needless to say, I was - and still am - very proud of him!

He's done simular things with me before, but those times it's been dark so I wasn't sure if he was being good or if it was because he was scared of the dark. LOL! Plus, since it was always me who walked him (and where we were before he could go loose for almost the whole walk) I didn't notice so much. I mean, when he was loose all that mattered was that he was near enough so I could see where he was and what he was up to, and that he came back when I called him.

It just goes to show that I was right to say that if a dog is devoted to their human then that dog will look after the human just because of the loyalty and devotion they feel. And anyone who's seen (or heard) Kero when I come home will be left in no doubt of how devoted to me he is. LOL!

Tori

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

Kero is a wonderful companion for you. Dogs are very smart animals.

Punkn said...

This was a fun blog Tori. It is nice to get a "look" into your world. I hope the squirrels don't get out of hand and sabotage you when you walk with Kero.

LadyStyx said...

Looks like I wasnt the only one that played along! It was hard to keep it down to 6 when I have so many strange little quirks that could be mentioned....especially those that are food based.

LOL@ the squirrel warning!

Katy is the same with hubby. She'll stay hidden all day, not a peep....but the minute hubby gets home she's all action! It's all I can do to get MY smooches in before she "pollutes" his face with doggy kisses.

Intense Guy said...

I'm too tired from walking to run - I'm all squirrel-pecked anyway ;)

Kero probably understands that if he can't be Jac Tawe he certainly can be the best helper that any dog could be for you. I bet while he was out walking with you his head was held high, chest puffed out and he was telling everyone he saw - Tori's mine! All mine!

Intense Guy said...

P.s., I left my 6 unspectacular things over at LadyStyx's blog. It was a case of first seen - first done. It is an interesting meme. I love your "try any mix of food" answer - thats actually pretty spectacular in my mind.

KAYLEE said...

WOW how are you?

Tori_z said...

AK:
Yeah... Sometimes I think he's too smart!

Punkn:
Glad you enjoyed the post. If you want some "getting to know you" type posts then I did another meme back in August called "all about me"... Or was it July I did that? Hmmm... Well, it was one or the other, but I'm pretty sure it was August.

So far no squirrels have sabotaged our walk. I'll be careful though. ;)

Styxie:
Will go check out your blog in a bit to see your answers.

You'll have to tell Kelly how you manage to get your "smooches" in before Katie, because so far he's been unable to beat Kero even to the door, let alone to me. LOL!

Iggy:
Heading to Styxie's blog soon so will take a look at your answers while I'm there. :)

He probably was doing that... Any excuse to act all posh and proud. LOL!

Well, my Dad does that food thing, so I didn't think it was all that spectacular. I mean, he often has weirder combinations than I do. Which reminds me... Marmalade doesn't go well in stew. ;)

I think it's too late for you with the squirrels, lol!

Kaylee:
I'm doing OK. You?

LadyStyx said...

It's because I can read a clock. I know when he's due home so I wait by the door. :) If not that, then Im at least downstairs and when she goes running when the door opens I let out a "MOMMY COMES FIRST DAMMIT!" At which point, my well trained husband comes in and kisses me FIRST.

Jess said...

I just know if I decided to do that 6 things thing (why is it called meme?) I would never be able to choose. It'd take years!

You know, the squirrels are everywhere. The problem isn't getting any better! lol

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
LMAO! Well, I know the clock thing wouldn't work for Kelly since I don't usually know when I'll be back (when I go somewhere it's shopping or a doctor/hospital appointment, and you never know how long any of those will take). Hard to watch for the time I'll be back when nobody knows what time it'll be.

Jess:
I don't know why it's called a meme. Sorry!

I could have done more. I just did the first six I thought of. LOL!

Yeah, the squirrel thing is getting out of hand. Now the squirrels are even all over the TV!