Friday, April 17, 2015

Furkid Friday - April 17th 2015

Hi humans, rodents, and everyone else. This is Jasper the degu.

I arranged a new blankie for our nesting box:



My "blankie" was supposed to be our hammocks, but I decided I wanted them in our nesting box. The Mummy human says I can keep my blankie for now. She can't put it back on the hooks anyway, because I damaged the corners pulling it off, so she says I might as well. The humans are arranging replacements for the hammocks.

Meanwhile, my brother, Jenks, has a project of his own.

The humans got us a cargo net style climbing toy, and Jenks has been hard at work destroying it. He's finally made some real progress:


I'm not sure if the humans have any plans for when he succeeds in destroying the last of it.

Anyway, here's Jacob on our wheel:


While Joshua and I have some cuddle time:


That's all for today.

Squeak soon,
Jasper

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Oh my goodness - what a destructive lot you are!

The new home has a lot more light, so your photos are really coming out nicely now!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
It's not our fault chewing things is so much fun!

Yes, the new home has much more light than the old one. We lived in a basement apartment before, and now we live high up; the humans had to carry our cage up lots of stairs. I'm glad the extra light is helping our photos to be better.

Squeak soon,
Jasper

Rita said...

You all must chew and chew to keep those teeth from growing too long. You can't help it. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Exactly! It's essential for us to chew to keep our teeth at a comfortable length. If we didn't, we'd have long and bent teeth, and wouldn't be able to eat our nibbles!

Squeak soon,
Jasper