Friday, April 03, 2015

Furkid Friday - April 3rd 2015

Hi humans, rats, and anyone else who's reading this. This is Star the rat.

Well, I'm not sure why we came to this new place, but it has a great view; day and night. I like to sit on the Mummy human's shoulder and look out of the window. Actually, her shoulder is a nice place to sit in general.

Here's a photo of me sat on her shoulder a couple of weeks ago...


I had been looking out of the window - which was the shot the humans had been hoping to get - but I turned around when I heard the camera turning on.

Anyway... Like I said... Nice place we've got here!

Even my scaredy-cat sister, Skye, is learning to like this new place, and has to admit the sound of the ocean is very relaxing. Don't let her tell you otherwise; she's been stretched out on the hammock looking completely relaxed while clearly listening to the sounds of the ocean... Ask the humans if you don't believe me!

Squeak soon,
Star

7 comments:

Rita said...

My white rat, Missy, loved to ride around on my shoulder. Rats were the best of all the rodents I ever had. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
That's right... We rats are the best!

Squeak soon,
Star

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
The rats are the easiest to care for and train anyway. The girls are each better trained than all the boys put together... Bearing in mind the girls are only about six months old; around eight months younger than the younger of the groups of boys.

Degus are "meant to be" as easy to train as rats... They aren't! The rats are eager to please; especially if there's food in it for them. The degus are only interested in whatever has their attention at the time, and will even ignore their favourite food item if something more interesting to them is on offer. And don't even get me started on how difficult it is to train gerbils to do anything other than attempt to eat your fingers (a habit we still haven't completely broken Bilbo of).

Jeanie said...

Settling in can be tricky for cats and dogs. I suppose the same for rats but I'm glad it's going well!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I think it was hardest on Skye (rat) and Bilbo (gerbil) because they're so nervous as it is. The others settled in really quickly. But, hey, it takes everyone a while to settle in to a new home.

Intense Guy said...

The sounds of the waves should relax just about everyone!

I think the photo of you on mommy's shoulder is adorable!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yeah... The ocean sounds are very relaxing.

Thanks about the photo.

Squeak soon,
Star