Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - April 8th 2015

This week,I wrote my poem for my personal NaPoWriMo challenge - well, actually, I wrote two short poems - and did some more work on "Zeena And The Dryad" too.

The "Zeena Dragon Fae" books are coming along more slowly than I had hoped, and there will end up being bigger gaps between releases than there usually are with my books. But there's progress, so I'm happy with that. Besides, a story takes as long as it does to be finnished, and I'd rather have a longer gap between releases than rush a book and publish it before it's ready.

If you're a writer too... Are you happy with where things are with your own writing projects? Or, are you feeling down because you aren't where you'd like to be with your writing? This article discusses the continuum that is writing, and may help you feel better about it.

Also, here are 22 rules of storytelling according to Emma Coates; you never know, they may come in handy some time.

***

This site/blog is only just getting started, but it's worth checking out, and bookmarking for future reference. It's called "Indies Who Publish Everywhere" and is a site to help you find books by indipendantly published and self-published authors who aren't Amazon exclusive. Some of my own books are listed on there. So, if you like to read books, but haven't got a Kindle - especially if you like discovering new authors - then you should keep an eye on this site. Also, if you're an indipendant or self-published author who isn't Amazon exclusive, then you may want to contact Amber to submit your own book details... Instructions are on the site.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I agree and will wait patiently for the Dragon series to be written.

Smiles and hugs!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy! :)

Rita said...

Whenever I was writing I never had a clue as to when it would be done. I did a lot of it in college and I just prayed and wrote and wrote for days--even till dawn--to try to make deadlines. I had to always start really early--right away--on papers or stories because I am such a slow writer. You are much faster than I ever was. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Even though I'm faster than many when it comes to writing, I still used to start papers right away. Although, in my case it was because I loved doing them. Yeah, I know, I was a strange child, LOL!