Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Home Squeak Home - officially released today!

"Moving to a new home can be a scary experience; especially if you’re very small. That’s how it is for Sooty and Scamp; a pair of gerbils chosen by a little boy named Matthew to be the ones to leave the pet shop and their other two brothers to go home with him.

Most people agree that getting a new pet is an exciting experience for any child; or adult, for that matter. But have you ever stopped to wonder how the pet feels during this time? This is the story of two little gerbils, and how they learned to adjust after a little boy took them home. The story is based on the behaviour of a pair of real gerbils, and events are shown from their point of view."

That's the synopsis for my latest book, which is officially released today!

As I've mentioned in previous posts about this book: the gerbils in this story are our own gerbils, Bilbo and Baggins, but I changed their names for the story as I'm not sure where I'd stand on copyright with names so obviously taken from "The Hobbit" and "The Lord Of The Rings" by JRR Tolkien, and I don't want to get in trouble for using them. Better safe than sorry, right? Anyway, for the purpose of this story, Bilbo is Sooty, and Baggins is Scamp.

The book is already available from Smashwords in all formats they offer, as well as from Barnes & Noble, the iBook store, and a couple of other ebook retailers who carry my books; or will be soon, if it isn't yet.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I got the book and read it!

Sooty and Scamp are delightful "little guys"!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks; glad you enjoyed it! :)

Jeanie said...

Congratulations, Tori! What a wonderful, happy day -- I hope you celebrate!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
We ordered pizza... Does that count? LOL!

AliceKay said...

Pizza counts for any celebration. *winks*

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
My feelings exactly! *wink*