Friday, April 24, 2015

Furkid Friday - April 24th 2015

Hellooo everyone!

This is Baggins - the cutest and bounciest gerbil ever - and I have the most amazing news in the history of amazing news... It's almost time for mine and Bilbo's book to be officially released!

See... I told you it was amazing news!

The book is called "Home Squeak Home" and tells the story of the exciting adventure that was our move from the place the humans call "petstore" to live with these humans we have; as dictated to the Mummy human by Bilbo and myself, of course, since we couldn't rely on her to manage it without our help. I mean, she's a great writer and all that, but I bet she'd have forgotten some important points of the story if we hadn't been telling her what to write; she can be quite the scatterbrain sometimes, after all.

Of course, she also had to get our permission to do the changes needed, since we had to change a couple of things; for a start, we had to use different names, because we're named after this little guy called a hobbit, who went on an amazing adventure with a bunch of dwarves, and a wizard... I don't know all the details, because I got bored of listening to the story; it's too long for me. But, it's still us in the "Home Squeak Home" story... Honest!

Anyway, the official day for the book to be available is this coming Tuesday, which is April 28th... There will be a proper bloggy post announcement thingy about it from the Mummy human on the day, but I'm so excited that I had to tell you now! I love adventures, and I love that we have our very own book, and will be famous!

Bilbo's not as keen on adventures as me, but he is excited about the book; says it's the kind of story he could really get his teeth in to.

Squeak soon,
Baggins

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Laffs at "get his teeth into"!

I don't see it on Barnes and Noble yet, I hope it shows up there soon! I wouldn't want to miss a great story!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
You already have it... It's the one called "Home Squeak Home" that they let you have early for some reason. Remember?

Squeak soon,
Baggins

Rita said...

Congrats on the book about you all! You didn't know you had famous names--LOL! ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
To us they're just our names. The kinds of books they came from are much too long for us to stay interested in long enough to figure out much about the characters. Now, the Mummy human will quite happily sit and read them for hours and hours, but not us! Even Bilbo can't stay still that long, and he's much better at staying still than me!

The humans say that three of the degus are named after characters from books too, but that their names are common enough that the Mummy human wasn't worried about something she called "potential issues with copyright" with their names, so she used their real names in their books.

Squeak soon,
Baggins