Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - April 1st 2015

April is NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month).

Many poets around the world are taking up the challenge this month to write a poem every day. Are you one of them?

I'm not sure I'll write a poem every day - in fact, I'm certain I won't - but I would like to devote a bit of writing time to poetry this month, since I've not been writing much poetry lately, and have challenged myself to write at least one poem each week of April.

We'll see what ends up happening though; I'll let you know.

***

The first "Zeena Dragon Fae" book is coming along nicely.

The title, if you're interested, is "Zeena And The Dryad" and - as I think I've said before - the series will have four books in it.

I'll tell you more about the series soon.

In the meantime, go check out ProdigyDuck (Jacob Blackmon) on DeviantArt. Jacob is one of my cover artists, and if you go check out his work, you'll get a sneak peek at the covers for the "Zeena Dragon Fae" books, since I told him he could go ahead and put them up.

***

I've seen a lot of people talking about the importance of routines lately; in fact, some people swear by routines. They don't work for me though. I've tried routines, and they work for all of a few days. I think part of it is my irregular sleeping pattern, which I've mentioned loads of times, and can't really do much to fix. I'm not sure that's the whole problem, but whenever I try to have an actual routine, it doesn't work. It's the same for a few other writers. So, my opinion is... If routines are what works for you, then great. But if not, then what really matters is that you make sure you get some writing in at least once a week; more would be better - like, every day - but once a week is better than not at all, and may be all you can manage if you have a day job and family. Now, good time management, on the other hand, is important; routine or no. So here are 6 time management tips to help you out.

Also, here are 18 quotes to inspire writers, bloggers - everyone.

***

I spotted this article on a simple way to create suspense recently; another author posted the link. It's an interesting article, if you want to check it out. Also, here are Mark's 10 (11) tips for story writing - as posted on Chris The Story Reading Ape's blog recently.

Thinking of publishing your own book? Here are 10 reasons to self-publish.

What is a writer - or an author, if you prefer - anyway? This is who we are, and why we do what we do - if you're interested.

A final word to any other authors who read this... Fake it till you make it!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

http://prodigyduck.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=%2F&q=zeena is the link to the covers.

Wow!!!! Nice artwork!!!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks; and thanks for grabbing the direct link to the covers for me! :)

Jeanie said...

Good luck with your poetry writing -- even if you don't do it every day, it's a noble goal to write something! And for sharing the links. I'll save and click in sometime soon! Meanwhile, on a schedule!

Rita said...

Good luck with the poems!
I have never been good with routines and specific times. Yup--do what works for you. You are obviously getting a lot of writing done. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie, and Rita! :)