Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dentist

We (Mam, Dad, Kelly and I) went to the dentist this morning. Wayne didn't have an appointment, so he watched Kero for us. It was the first time any of us had been to a dentist in a while, because most of them have gone private, and we had to wait on a waiting list to see one of the few dentists left around here who still accept NHS patients. But, despite the fact I'm the first to admit I don't look after my teeth nearly as well as I should, I was told my teeth are in great shape. My bottom two wisdom teeth are trying to cut through the gum (but I could have told you that without a dentist's help) but that's all that's going on in there. I'd expected to need at least one filling (especially with all the sweets I eat) but not one. WooHoo! The others have to go back for one thing or another though. So, I was being a brat and asking if they could go in next Tuesday so I could eat my birthday cake all by myself. They aren't going back quite that soon though. Shame, I was looking forward to all that cake. LOL! Actually, I wouldn't have eaten the whole thing by myself. I can't eat that much any more. But, I wasn't going to point that out to them at the time. LOL!

Haven't done much else today. Mam and Dad came down for dinner (like they always do on a Wednesday) and Mam made beef chow mein for dinner. She's never made it before, but we all thought she did a great job of it.

After dinner, Dad and Kelly played one of their games on the PC (I think they were playing the "Lord of the Rings" game) while Mam was reading to me in the other room. We're getting pretty close to the end of the book now. I keep meaning to mention it, but keep forgetting. We started it on the train on the way to visit Carl and Rachel. I can't remember how to spell the last name of the author, but his first name is 'John' and the book is called 'Marley And Me'. When we've finished it, I will post about it, and get Mam to give me the spelling for John's last name.

Anyway, I think I'll go check out some of my friends' blogs (and the ones belonging to family members, of course) to see if anyone has posted anything new.

Tori

9 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well you lucky little monkey not having to have anything done to your teeth.

and of course you wouldnt have eaten all that birthday cake, you would have left a bit for youre grandma , lol.

glad you all enjoyed the meal yoyur mam cooked .

Tori_Z said...

Hmm, well, maybe I could save you a small piece. LOL!

ChicagoLady said...

His name is John Grogan. I read part of the excerpt from it on the website. Sounds like a cute book.

LadyStyx said...

Looks like a good book. I'll have to pick it up at the library one of these days...

Tori_Z said...

ChicagoLady:
Yeah, that's it. And, yeah, it is a cute book.

LadyStyx:
Yes, I recommend you pick it up. It's a really good book, with lots of cute and funny bits. Will talk more about it when we're done reading it though.

AliceKay said...

Wtg on the good dental report. My kids take after me...soft teeth and the problems that go along with soft teeth. My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed quite a few years ago but my son still has his. He hasn't said if they were bothering him, but he probably wouldn't tell me if they were. :\

theteacher said...

Jammy! I hate dentists! I always have to have something done!

Commander Portman said...

Beware! They lull you into a false sense of security! I didn't need anything doing first time I went but it's all gone critical every time since, still, well done though!

Tori_Z said...

AK:
Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping the calcium tablets my Mam says she had to take while carrying me will help to keep my dentist visits as uneventful as this one was, lol!

Rachel:
Rather your than me!

Carl:
Welcome to the blogs! And, don't worry I'll watch out for rogue dentists bent on lulling me in to a false sense of security before attacking my teeth with all manner of dentists' tools. LOL!