Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday's attempt at catching up

I didn't want to combine this post with the last one, so I decided to just make today one of those days when I do more than one post. LOL!

Haven't done much over the last two days. Mostly I've just wanted to curl up somewhere where I can be warm. It's so cold here! This morning it took me nearly ten minutes to thaw out the clasp on the baby gate that's on our back door so I could open it to let Kero out. The gate is on the outside of the door, and the temp was down to -5 degrees C (lower in some places) last night. Meaning that it was perfect temperature for the bit of rain that fell in the night to turn to a layer of frost and ice.

On Tuesday morning, Mam and I went in to town. We did a bit more Christmas shopping, did my weekly food shop, and got a new battery for my watch (hopefully this one will last a bit longer). We also had some lunch (I had my baguette and a Christmas cookie... Can't remember what Mam had) and, because we were cold, went in a cafe for a warm drink.

Mam, Dad, Kelly and I had our Chinese food yesterday (Wednesday). I didn't eat all mine though, sso I finished it today.

I had a hospital appointment this morning. They didn't give us much notice. The letter was only sent out on November 9th, and we only got it on Tuesday. We've told the hospitals time after time that we need the appointments for at least after 10:00 am, but they keep insisting on making them for around 9:00 am. Which means we have to be up with the sun (especially in Winter) to make it. And even then we barely manage it. Normally if they make them for that early, we call up and get the time changed, but we didn't have the time to get that done, because you have to give a certain amount of notice.

Anyway, it was another eye check-up. To see if the drops were keeping the eye comfortable. Which, for the most part, they are. The presure is back up, which basically means that with the drops are calming the pain enough so the eye is "trying" to survive a bit longer. The only thing they can really do is keep a check on whether my eye is comfy (for now at least) so I've got to go back in a couple of months (yes, I've got an appointment) just to be checked again.

After the hospital appointment, Mam and I went in to Asda (known as Walmart in the US and Canada) to pick up a couple of bits. We ended up buying a couple more Christmas presents for a couple of people. We also got a can of roasted chestnuts for Mam and I to have on Monday evening (we've never tried them before, but we wanted to try them). And I got a small slice of pecan and maple pie )which was something else I'd never tried, but wanted to) it was delicious.

I think that's just about everything.



Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well you say you havent done much , but it looks like you have been quite busy what the shopping and hospital then shopping again.

i might see if i can get some ( pecan cake ) as i love the nuts and i have been looking for frozen chestnuts as well.

glad to hear the eye is keeping under control and that you are not in so much pain.

Tori_Z said...

You can get chestnuts in Tesco that you can roast yourself (either in an oven, or on an open fire) but Asda only seems interested in selling the canned version.

ChicagoLady said...

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Tori_Z said...

Yeah, that's the idea ChicagoLady

KAYLEE said...


I am just taking it day by day! If i get out of bed its a good day for me! LOL!(yes that is what it has come down too) ")

Intense Guy said...

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories.

After about an hour,
the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off.

"Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

Tori_Z said...

That's the best way to do it.

LOL! That's a good one!