Friday, November 09, 2007

Freezing cold Friday

Brrr! It's cold here! I'm normally the kind of person who runs around in bare feet, but I have TWO pairs of socks on. One pair is just a normal pair, the other pair is one of the fluffy pairs I brought the other day. I even kept my socks on when I went for a nap this afternoon.

I hope Kero isn't getting too cold when he's out on his walks. In this weather we'd usually put his coat on, but it's too small for him, which means he hasn't got a coat. I did look in to getting him a new one when we were in Swansea on Tuesday, but they were either those thin waterproof things (which wouldn't keep him warm) or they were too small for him. I suppose that was probably why we had one made for him last time. But, I can't find the e-mail address for the person who made his last one (the same person who made the one I had made for Scotty and sent to Kerry for him last year). Still, he's supposed to be a hardy breed, and should be OK with a little bit of cold weather. He's due to go to the groomer next month, but I'll just have her not cut his fur as short as she usually does.

Mam and I had hoped to get dog advent calenders for Kero and Willow when we were in Pets @ Home on Tuesday, but they didn't have any. They had them for cats (tried my cats with them last year, they don't like them), rabbits and guinea pigs, but not for dogs. When we asked if they'd be getting more, they said they wouldn't. But Kelly went in to town for me today to run a couple of errands, and saw the calenders in the market, so he got one for Kero. Then, I sent Mam a text to tell her they were there so she could get Willow one. It was only when he got home Kelly thought he should have grabbed Willow one, but it was too late by then. Luckily Mam was going in anyway, so no worries there. Both Kero and Willow have their calenders ready to count the days from December 1st until Christmas eve now. And, before you ask, yes, us humans have calenders too. LOL!

OK, I can't think of anything else to say, so I'll let this do.

Tori

6 comments:

theteacher said...

Well, this human doesn't have a calender *yet* but will be getting one from Tesco shortly. I fancy something different this year . . . I have already brought Carl a Thomas the tank engine one!

KAYLEE said...

I hate the winters here.It doesnt cool off much.How are you doing? I am still not that great but getting better!

Tori_Z said...

Rachel:
Hope you get your calender. Mine is a Winnie The Pooh one and Kelly has a Pirates Of The Caribean one. There doesn't seem to be much of a choice nowadays. It was either those two, Thomas The Tank or... I forget what the other one was. Either way, those were the best ones, really.

Kaylee:
I couldn't live somewhere where there wasn't really very much difference between Summer and Winter. I may complain a bit when it's cold, but I'd complain more if it stayed hot (or at least warm) all year through.

Anyway, glad you're feeling a bit better. Hope this means you're on the mend now.

I'm fine, thanks.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well it must be cold for you to cover your feet with 2 pairs of socks.

glad you got your ( advent calender ) for kero.

Kati said...

Well, shoot!!!! That's what I didn't think to look for today at the grocery store!!!! I found one for DD and my niece last year, as soon as the store put christmas items out, but I didn't even think of it today when I was in. *sigh* I hope they haven't put them out yet, and don't sell out early this year. DD really liked hers last year, and I LOVED mine when I was a kid. What a fun tradition they are.

What kinda goodies do the doggy advent calendars have in them??? I've never heard of an advent calendar for pets before. That's funny.

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
Almost everyone still has an advent calender in our family. The only year I didn't have one, I missed it. I've always kept up the tradition of counting down the days to Christmas. Sometimes I've even been lucky enough to get an advent calender with a chocolate in it for Christmas day. And the one I had last year had an extra week of chocolates to count down to New Years day, which was cool.

Hope you manage to get DD's calender (and maybe one for yourself? *wink*)

The dog ones have a blob of dog chocolate with a pawprint shaped dent in it. And, in case anyone is wondering, the cat ones have little chocolate drops in them.