Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday's random thoughts

As I said in the comments section of last night's post, I did manage to get some sleep. I think it was about 5:45 am I fell asleep. Was up again about 11:00 am. Needless to say, I ended up taking a nap this afternoon.

We haven't had a chance to read more of "Marley And Me" because other things have sort of taken priority when Mam and I have been together. But I listened to an audio book called "Classic Stories Of Mystery And The Supernatural" that my Nan got me a little while ago. It's a small collection of mystery stories by various authors (I can't remember the authors) and it was very good.

I watched "Herbie: Fully Loaded" this afternoon. I really enjoyed it. I watched most of it before on Sky Movies, but since I had it from my birthday I was able to finally see how it starts. LOL!

And, right now I'm watching "Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix" which is the other DVD I got for my birthday. I watched it when it came out in the movies back in July, and did a proper review of it then, so for now I'll just say that I'm enjoying watching it. If you want to know more, you'll have to look in the archives section, go to the "July" part, and find the post I wrote after watching the movie in the cinema.

We're making progress with getting my audio books, etc labeled with my braille label maker thingy. It would probably be done by now, but everyone has other stuff that needs to be done (and which is more important) so it has to keep being left.

It's past dinner time, I'm hungry, and I still don't know what I'm having for dinner. Going to have to change the "something from the freezer" thing on Saturdays and plan a meal that will work regardless of whether it's Mam or Kelly with me. That way at least I'll know what I'm meant to be eating and wont have to try and decide on the day. Keep the meal planning for the day I make the menu for the rest of the week. LOL!

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. Our decorations will be late up this year, but only by a couple of days. For as long as I can remember, the Christmas decorations have gone up on December 1st, but this year they can't be done until December 3rd. Mam is helping me put them up, so i'll get her to take some photos and help me get them on here for you all to see.

Speaking of December 1st. Something is happening on that day. I don't know what, because nobody will tell me, but I know whatever it is it involves me being picked up to go up to Mam and Dad's place, and Dad's gaming club being canceled for that week. Kelly will be staying home with Kero for the day.

Only a couple of weeks now and it will be time to start the advent calenders. In fact, two weeks today is December 1st. And when the decorations go up on the 3rd it'll be time to break out the Christmas music. Gotta love Christmas music!

Right, well it's time for me to get my butt in gear, pick my dinner, and check for new posts on other people's blogs. Besides, I think I've covered everything I wanted to write about.

Tori

11 comments:

KAYLEE said...

i AM GLAD YOU GOT SLEEP AND HAD A GOOD DAY :)nOW I AM CURIOUS OF WHAT YOU GET TO DO ON DEC 1ST YOU MUST POST ABOUT IT AFTER OK?

KAYLEE said...

P.S. I have a question for you did you say you cant read blogs that have music on them?Cause i was going to put some on my blog but,wanted to ask you first.cause i love your comments on my blog...so i dont wanna make it so that you cant read my blog anymore.

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Don't worry, I will post about it after.

And, that's right. The music makes it next to impossible to hear what the speech programme is reading out. I've actually stopped visiting some blogs because of the music (or because they insisted on keeping the word verification on their blogs). The only other thing I can't do is see any photos people post. Hence not commenting when people's posts contain only photos.

KAYLEE said...

Okay then i won't do it.......thats why i asked first!

I can do without the music,that is better than making it so you have to stop reading my blog :)

I WONT DO THAT TO YOU!!!!I VAlUE YOUR VISITS TO MY BLOG TOO MUch TO DO THAT TO YOU!

I don't post many photos either.just when i make those posts about the food I cook but,you can still read those posts correct?

Tori_Z said...

Yeah, I can read the posts, just don't know what the food actually looks like.

Thanks Kaylee :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori you even have me your grandma wondering what is going to happen on dec 1st the mind boggles, and your dad is giving up his gaming week ( it must be something special ).

and what did you pick from the freezer for your dinner ???.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
I ended up having lasagne. I don't have it often, but fancied it today.

KAYLEE said...

great have a wonderful evening :)

theteacher said...

I likied the film too its just a shame they had to leave so much of the book out!

By the way, Carl neds yours and mums christmas lists as soon as possible! Just e-mail them to him!

KAYLEE said...

u ok?

Tori_Z said...

Rachel:
Yeah it is a shame.

Will talk to Mam about getting the lists to Carl.

Kaylee:
Yeah, I'm fine. You?