Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Dinner and Christmas shopping

I thought I'd start a new post since I'm completely changing the mood of the post. Besides, my day out with Mam today will make a better first post to see when you come on my blog than the one I posted a little while ago would have.

Next week is my birthday, and Mam was going to take me in to Swansea and out for dinner, but we did it today instead.

We were going to go to an all-you-can-eat Chinese resteraunt (like we went to when we were in Norwich visiting Carl and Rachel) but since neither of us eats as much as we used to, I suggested we went somewhere else instead. Mam told me to pick where I wanted to go, so we ended up going to a little resteraunt I like in Swansea called "Eli's" for my early birthday dinner. And it was a lovely dinner too. I had what they called an "all day brunch" for my dinner. It was egg, chips, bacon and sausage. Mam had egg and chips (she doesn't really eat meat). And we both shared an order of "cheesy garlic bread." We didn't have a desert though.

Since we don't go in to Swansea often (it's a fairly long trip, especially if you go by bus like we usually have to) we decided to combine our trip in for dinner with a Christmas shopping spree. We brought LOADS of things! I have to admit though, most of it seems to be for the animals. But as I pointed out to the woman in the pet shop when she commented on how much we had, we do have 2 dogs, 5 cats and a hamster between just our two houses. LOL! So, that's most of my Christmas shopping done. Just waiting for a couple of things I ordered from the internet to come, then I have to sort my Dad's presents, and get Elizabeth's main present, and after that I'm done.

We did get some bits that weren't Christmas gifts though. Mam got herself a nice set of clothes, and we both got some fluffy socks. I usually hate having stuff on my feet, but it's gotten quite cold, and those socks are so warm and snuggly on my feet that I can't resist, lol! We also got some supplies to make some "pressie sacks" because we can't find any ready made ones that are fabric, and we want to have them to put our gifts in so the cats can't unwrap them. We do have a couple of little ones, but we need more. And, no, I'm not going to try and make them, Mam is making them.

I think that covers everything that's happened in the last couple of days that wasn't mentioned in the first post I did today. LOL!

Tori

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!

KAYLEE said...

SOUNDS SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!! When is your birthday what day?

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

wow tori sounds like a lovely day out, and the animals seem to be getting lots pf prezzie's dont they.

i am glad you had a lovely time with your mam in swansea and your meal sounded lovely to.

theteacher said...

This post certainly seems happier than the previous one. Glad you had a good day!

Tori_Z said...

Thanks all. Yes, I did have a great time.

Kaylee:
My birthday is next Tuesday (November 13th)