Sunday, November 25, 2007

Robins and other random things

There's a Robin (at least, I assume it's a Robin again) singing its little heart out on the bush outside our bedroom window right now. I heard it when I took Kero out for a pee just now (took him out the front because it's a bit more sheltered from the wind). I wonder if it's the same one that was singing on the wall outside our kitchen window yesterday afternoon? Mam would have taken a photo of him (or her) for me if he (or she) hadn't gotten scared and flown off when she opened the back door.

Mam and Nan came down to have lunch with me yesterday (Saturday). Then they stayed for a couple of hours. They'd been in to town for the morning (doing more Christmas shopping, I think) and thought they'd come in and have lunch with me on their way home (I live half way between the town and where they live). And, since Kelly was up at their place for Dad's gaming club, I would have been all on my own otherwise, so it was nice to have some company for lunch. Don't get me wrongg, I don't mind being on my own (sometimes I actually prefer it that way) but on a cold, wet day like yesterday was, a visitor is just the thing you need to brighten up the day.

They brought me a couple of corned beef pasties for my lunch. I haven't had a corned beef pasty in ages! I think the last time was over a year ago (before I started trying to loose weight). It was a lovely change. I also had some "rich fruit Christmas cake" that Mam got. It was delicious!

Before Mam and Nan came down, and after they left, all I really did was sit around listening to some of the music that I have on my PC. It's been a while since I've just sat around listening to music. Over the past few months I've been listening to more talking books than music, and even when I've been listening to them I haven't exactly been just sitting around. I'm usually doing something while I listen (like straightening up the bedroom, or putting away laundry, for example). But yesterday I just decided I was going to sit in front of my PC, picking songs that I felt like listening to from the large collection I have on my PC, and drinking cups of tea. So, that's exactly what I did! I played all my favourite tunes - like "Doc Walker - Rocket Girl" and "Aselin Debison - Sweet Is The Melody" and "Ronan Keating - If Tomorrow Never Comes" and "Ottawan - Hands Up" (that last one has been a favourite of mine since I was bearly walking and talking) - and sang along with them. It was the most fun I'd had at home in ages!

Anyway... Last week I listened to "Truckers" "Diggers" and "Wings" which are the three books in Terry Pratchett's "Bromiliad Trilogy." It's a cute, funny and, in my opinion, excellent trilogy about some gnomes trying to survive in a world built for humans, and trying to find somewhere where they can be safe. I've read and listened to the books so many times I could almost re-tell the story without even looking at the books. But, I could easily read or listen to them again, and again, and again, and... You get the idea. LOL!

Today (Sunday) Kelly, Kero and I are going up to my parents' place for dinner. I think it's beef this week. That means there'll be yorkshire puddings. Yum, yum!

Mam is hoping to finish making my big present sack today. I hope she does manage to get it finished today. If she does manage to then I'll be able to bring it home with me ready to put the presents in when the tree goes up next week.

I asked Mam about taking some photos of the decorations for me to post when they're up, and she says she will do that for me. So, in a little over a week, I should have some photos of Christmas decorations for you to see. They are going up a week tomorrow, so I'll post them either that night or the next day some time (depending onwhether I go straight to bed after Mam leaves or stay up and go on the PC for a bit). I'd half considered not putting the Christmas decorations up because of us trying to get moved. But, I've dealt with the council and housing people enough to know there is little to no chance we'll have even the offer of looking at a place this side of Christmas. So, I decided to put the decorations up as originally planned.

I can't think of anything else to say right now, so I guess it's time to publish this post.

Hope you all have a good day.

Tori

7 comments:

Kati said...

Sounds like a nice day, listening to your music!!! I've never heard of any of the musicians/groups you mentioned. I'll have to remember to look them up, later, and give them a listen.

Have a Great Sunday, Tori!!!!

theteacher said...

Sounds like a busy and fun week!

LadyStyx said...

I understand the not wanting to decorate. With things the way they are here and existing in limboland, Im not up for decorating either. Cant wait to see the pix though.

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
I probably wouldn't have heard of half of them if it wasn't for my brief time streaming before. And, in case you don't know, streaming is sort of doing an online radio slot.

Rachel:
It was. Hope yours was too.

LadyStyx:
Yeah, no kidding. If I didn't like the decorations so much I'd probably not be putting them up. But since I absolutely love them, and know how long it takes the council and housing people to do stuff I don't see the point in breaking tradition in case something remarkably miraculous happens. LOL! I mean, the last time they had to re-house me, they never found me a place until two weeks after I was meant to have been out of the place I was in. I was just lucky my landlord had agreed to give me an extra month (he knew what the council and housing people are like too, I guess. LOL!)

AliceKay said...

Can't wait to see the pics of your decorations. :)

KAYLEE said...

I AM NOT OKAY! thanks for asking though! STILL SICK :(

Tori_Z said...

AK:
Not long now! Just under a week and the decorations go up! :)

Kaylee:
I'm sorry you're stll not doing too well. Hope you're feeling a bit better in time to enjoy Christmas day. Hopefully there wont be any more trips to the E.R. for a while. Look after yourself, OK? *hugs*