Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Five weeks to Christmas

Yeah, I know some of you are getting sick of being reminded how close Christmas is, but I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year, and can't help excitedly counting down the days.

Today is usually shopping day for me, but not this week. Well, the shopping did get done, but not by me. Mam, Dad and Kelly had dentist appointments, so they did the shopping while they were out. Made much more sense than them going to their appointments, then them all coming home, and one of them taking me shopping. Besides, it gave me the chance to get caught up on stuff online, and sleep.

We started getting in the food stuff for Christmas today. This includes the stuff for making the cookies and mince pies, and the bits for the buffet we're doing for Mam, Dad and Wayne on boxing day. We even got a couple of bottles of the non-alcaholic grape wine I enjoy. We just need the stuff to make the "holiday drinks" and the cakes for boxing day. We're planning on making egg nog and attempting to make wassail this year. And everyone has put in cake requests for Boxing day, so we need to get some Christmas cake, some of those marshmallow snowball thingys, some chocolate cake, and some ginger cake. We've also got our turkey in the freezer ready for our Christmas dinner.

Anyway, that's it from me for today.

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

It's good to hear you're so excited about the holidays. It makes life more fun when you have something to look forward to. *hugs*

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori you sound very excited, which is nice to know.

and i love those marshmallow thingy's is it ( snow balls ) with chocolate on ???.

and it sounds like your going to be very busy doing all the pie's and stuff so you enjoy yourself love.

KAYLEE said...

I AM GLAD YOU ARE EXCITED FOR THE HOLIDAY! I am sorry i didnt get here earlier been in ER all week :(

//and i love those marshmallow thingy's//

ME TOO!

u been ok?

Kati said...

Man, your baking plans sound yummy!!!! Are you going to post recipes for us??? *hint, hint* Have fun with the prep-work!!!!

Tori_Z said...

Thanks for the comments all.

Grandma:
Yes, snow balls. Can't have a Christmas buffet without them!

Kaylee:
No need to say sorry. I know you've not been doing too good. Hope you're doing a bit better now.

Kati:
The recipe we use for the cookies is on my recipe page. So are some recipes for the bits we're buying instead of making (cholike the chocolate cake, and I think the snowballs too). The mince pie recipe is one my Mam has been doing for as long as I can remember, so she doesn't have an actual recipe. I gexpect I could get her to give me the recipe as she does it so I can post it on my recipe page though. Oh, and the egg-nog and wassail recipes are on my recipe page too. I have at least three different wassail recipes on there, and a non-alcaholic egg-nog recipe. I don't think I have the version with alcahol in it, but all you really do different is add some alcaholic beverage in with the mixture (like brandy). If it helps, the wassail and egg-nog recipes are filed under "drinks" and the cookie and cake recipes are filed under "snacks" on my recipe page.

Tori_Z said...

Sorry about all the typing mistakes. In my defence, it is early! LOL!

By the way, Kaylee:
I'm fine. I think my "Winter cold" is on its way though.