Thursday, April 03, 2008

Computers, phones and gynaecologists

So, as I mentioned a couple of days ago, Kelly's PC has been playing up. We aren't too sure what the problem is, but my Dad is going to take a look at it. Since neither of us are particularly good at going without a PC though, I've given him mine, and I've got a new lap top. Well, it's "technically" new. My Mam got it a few months back, but doesn't really use it. So, we installed my speech programme on it, and I'm buying it off her. If my Dad can get Kelly's old PC fixed (which I see no reason why he wont be able to do) then we'll keep that as a spare PC for either when someone (usually one of my parents) is here, or if something happens to either my old PC (now Kelly's) or my new lap top. I've told Dad that if he gets that one up and running it will be considered his PC, though my Mam will be allowed access to it whenever she wants. But, if we ever decide to get rid of it then it will go to his place for him to do as he pleases with. This is in return for him paying for any replacement parts it needs, any upgrades he decides to give it, etc.

Got my phone back today. It's talking again now, but because they reset the phone to the factory settings before putting the programme back on, all my contacts are gone from the phone's phone book. Oh, well, I can easily get them all back either by asking the people for them again, or looking for them elsewhere (and, some of them I know by heart anyway). I'm just glad it's working again. LOL!

Went to the gynaecologist today. They did some blood tests and are going to do a scan to make sure things are still as they were when I last got checked. If they are, I'm being refered to an actual fertility clinic because there's nothing more a normal gynaecologist can do for me, it needs to be a fertility expert. So, now we just wait and see, and hope that the fertility experts can figure out why - even when on meds that made me ovulate - I'm not having any luck starting a family.

Anyway...

Today's been a lovely day again. Shame I ended up spending the bulk of it either in a car or in various parts of the hospital, isn't it? LOL!

We didn't end up having our lasagne and chips, because I ended up eating out and wasn't hungry when I got home. Getting a bit hungry now though. Got a cheese, onion and tomato roll in the fridge that my Mam got me when we were out though, so I think I'll eat that. Not sure what Kelly had, but he told me not to worry about it and made himself something. He's eaten something and that's all that matters.

Going to let this do for now, because I want to eat my roll, put away the laundry Kelly washed while I was out today, and get sorted for bed since I'm kinda tired. Will check blogs tomorrow or something.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day, :)

Tori

8 comments:

Kaylee said...

I hope you are able to start a family soon!

LadyStyx said...

*takes a bite out of her cheeseburger and reads*

Sounds like you had a really busy day *takes another bite*. I hope they find out soon what's going on and that you can get that family you want started.

*takes another bite...gotta make sure I aint getting "peckish" while reading this*

That was a really nice trade on the computers. We've got 4 here if you count the laptop. One for each of us and one downstairs for guests...and then the laptop for travelling.

Intense Guy said...

*slips in and takes one of LadyStyx's pickles on account he is getting peckish*

Tori_z said...

Thanks Kaylee :)

LadyStyx:
Hope you're enjoying the cheeseburger. lol

I thought it was a good trade too. Especially since the lap top is more than good enough (specs wise) for the things I do. Plus, I wanted a lap top anyway, because it then means I can sit outside (or anywhere else I want to sit) and work on some of my story and poetry writing.

Iggy:
You can have my pickles any time. Unless my Mam is around, 'cause she swipes them then. lol

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well all you commenters on here have got me in stitches with your comments with your " peckish " and your " pickles " and such,lmao.

but tori i really do hope you get sorted out soon to start a family.

glad to hear you got your mams lap top, hope you can cope with it ok.

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
I hope so too. We'll just have to see how things go though, wont we?

So far so good on the lap top thing, :)

LadyStyx said...

ya'll can have the pickles... *wrinklez nose and goes ewwwwwww like Ernest would*

AliceKay said...

Iggy can have my pickles because I don't care for pickles on hamburgers or cheeseburgers or anything like that. :p