Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Warm Wednesday walks

It's been a beautiful day today again, so Kero and I made the most of it. True, I did spend a fair chunk of the day either on the laptop trying out audio games (see post below for audio game reviews) or on the phone for various reasons. But, I also made the time to take Kero out on not one but TWO long walks. Well, long-ish walks anyway. LOL!

The first walk we went on was along the path by the river that I mentioned when I said about the first time I took him on my own.

The second was in a completely different direction. We walked to the post box that's about a third of the way between here and the main town. This second walk was a bit of an adventure for us, because not only did I have to try and walk Kero, use my cane and hold on to some letters I needed to post, I also had to find the damn post box. I knew roughly where it was, but hadn't stopped at it before. We found it without too much difficulty though. And, the walk home was that bit easier without the letters to try and hold on to as well. LOL!

Kero and I both enjoyed the walks, although, I have to say that the first was definately more relaxing. LOL!

I think Kero was a bit disappointed when we turned back after going to the post box, because he took a bit of persuading before he'd turn and head for home. He seemed to think (or, hope) we were going all the way in to the main town. It didn't take him long to get over his disappointment though. By the time we got home he was too tired to care and just crawled on to his bed and went to sleep. LOL!

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you had some nice walks today. I need to get outside and do some walking, too. (of course, that would mean i'd have to get away from this computer...LOL)

Intense Guy said...

I guess Kero knows the doggy treats come from the main part of town! :) Its great hearing you get out and about Tori! The walk along the river sounds really nice. Wonder if Kero would mind me walking him?

Tori_z said...

AK:
Yeah, that would be a good way to start... Getting off the computer I mean. LOL!

Iggy:
Yes, he's been to the main part of town enough to know that's where the food comes from. LOL!

As for you walking him... It would depend how he was feeling that day. Sometimes anyone can walk him for as long as they want and he'll go where they say. Other times nobody can walk him without me being there (this includes Kelly). So, I can't give you a straight answer on that one.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i am really pleased to hear you took kero and yourself out ( twice ) so who is a clever girl then :).

and i recon kero thought he was going to town for some doggy goodies.

KAYLEE said...

I had a nice walk today too :)

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Actually, I think he was hoping for a Sausage roll or some chicken or something like that. LOL!

Kaylee:
Good to hear it. :)