Saturday, October 04, 2008

Flowers, Kero & Friday (LBE & FD)

It's a cold, wet Saturday here in Wales, and I don't feel like doing much today. So I thought I'd post the couple of photos we took recently for me to put on here.

These first two are of the flowers Kelly got me when I was in hospital.

They smell really nice, and everyone says they're as pretty to look at as they are to smell - if not more so - so I asked him to take a photo of them for me before they had a chance to wilt and die.

As you can see, he did a couple from different angles.

These photos were taken a couple of days ago, and the flowers are still doing well, which doesn't happen often with flowers nowadays. Especially this time of year.

I did have a couple of get well cards and some chocolates and sweets too, but I didn't see the point in having Kelly take photos of them.

Oh yeah, and I also had some grapes... Everyone gets grapes when they go in hospital for some reason. I was good though, I ate them before starting to munch my way through the chocolates and sweets. LOL!

And this next pic is one I took of Kero (after many attempts from different angles, but still... lol!) I took it Wednesday evening, I think. I just figured people might like a new pic of him.




***~***

I went out for the afternoon with my Mam and Dad yesterday (Friday). I don't remember the last time I went out for a few hours with my Mam and Dad without at least most of the outing being taken up by a trip to the doctor or hospital, so it was a nice change. LOL!

We went and looked in a couple of shops. Dad was going to get me an audio book, but I couldn't decide which one I wanted. And the one I might have chosen I didn't want to get because they only had part of the set and I didn't want to get it if I couldn't be sure of getting the rest at some point. Especially since they had the parts they had (books 1 & 4 of 6) in different formats. Book 1 was on cassette and book 4 was on CD. So I decided not to bother, and - of course - because I wasn't bothering with the one I "really" wanted I couldn't make my mind up about wich to choose instead.

In the end Dad got me three music CDs instead of an audio book.

One of the CDs is the new "Boyzone" single "Love You Anyway" which is their first after getting back together. They've got a new album coming out some time this month too, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that one.

The second was "The Very Best Of Dolly Parton."

And the third was an album called "Seventh Tree" by a group called "Goldfrapp." I'm sure I've heard of their existance before, but the name didn't ring any bells. Dad was pretty sure I'd like them though, so we decided we'd get the CD and I'd have a listen and see what I thought. They're pretty good, actually.

Mam and Dad got a couple of CDs too. I don't remember which ones they had though, sorry.

Anyway...

Where we went we were right by a Subway, so Dad got Mam and me a sub each. He didn't fancy one himself though. But Dad's not big on subs, so I can't say I was surprised that nothing took his fancy.

I had a foot long, but only ate half of it at the time, because I wasn't hungry enough to eat it all right then. So when I got home I put the other half in the fridge and had it for lunch today. :)

Mam and Dad stayed for dinner and we had spaghetti bolagnese, which my Mam cooked. We'd planned on having it Thursday with Wayne, but by the time they got back from the vet it was too late to fuss about with making it, so instead we had microwavable meals since they could be done quickly.

There would have been plenty of time for it, but when Kelly, Wayne and Kero arrived at the vet they were informed that the day before (October 1st) the way the afternoon appointments worked had changed. So, instead of just going in between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm and you'd get to see a vet in the order you got there (first come, first served kinda thing) you now had to make an appointment. Luckily there was a free spot at 4:20 pm, but this meant that instead of being there early enough so they could be seen first and be home again by 4:45 pm at the latest it was close to 5:30 pm before they got home. And since it poured with rain on their way home we were more concerned with getting them all dried off and the humans in to dry clothes. So by the time that was done time was getting on and we were all getting quite hungry and wanted food "NOW" rather than in an hour. So we all agreed that meals that took about 10 minutes were a better idea.

I think the appointment thing is a good idea, but it would have been nice if they'd let us know. Especially since they would have been due to send out Kero's reminder card anyway. Mind you, that would have taken time (and money) from them, and - as my Dad mentioned recently (on a non-related topic) - that's not how you do things when trying to run a business. You try and save money, not spend it when it can be avoided. And, at least they were able to fit Kero in, I suppose.

***~***

I've been working on this post now for around 1 & 1/2 hours, and it's now about 4:15 pm, which means that it's time for me to go find some food (especially since the mention of food is making me rather hungry).

Enjoy whatever's left of your day... And get well soon to all not doing too well - for whatever reason - *hugs* :)

Tori

9 comments:

Kati said...

Oh those flowers ARE pretty Tori!!! I'm glad they smell as good as everybody says they look. Too often pretty flowers just don't have any smell to them, like the smell is bred out of them for the sake of the appearance. It's so disappointing when that's the case.

Glad you're enjoying your new music choices!

ChicagoLady said...

The flowers are beautiful! I always wish fresh flowers would last longer than they do. As hard as I try to give them fresh water, and use the preservative, and cut the stems, they just don't seem to last very long. But they sure are nice while you have 'em.

LadyStyx said...

Ooooooooooooh all white n pink n purple!! Those flowers are lovely.

.oO(thank godness I was having a snack while reading this...)

You're right. The vet's office should have done the courtesy of letting their patients know that the way things are done had changed. At least a heads up kinda post card a couple weeks in advance would have been nice...

Jess said...

Personally Boyzone isn't for me, but hey, I like Goldfrapp!

Tori_z said...

Kati:
Apparently Kelly made sure they had a nice scent to them before he got them. I dunno if he'd have done that if I could see them though.

Chicago:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, they were something for me to enjoy while I was in hospital, and for a while after coming home. I think they're starting to wilt a bit now though. :(

Styxie:
Of course! Purple was always my favourite colour, and Mam has an obsession with me having pink things, so there had to be pink and purple. The white was just 'cause they came with the pink and purple though, I think. LOL!

Exactly! That's what I mean... Just a little card in the post, or a quick phone call or something to say, "you have to make an appointment now."

Jess:
Well, to each their own. Boyzone's had a bit of an image change now though. Their new song isn't quite as slow and soppy as almost all their old stuff was.

Hmm... Maybe it was through a post or something from you I'd heard Goldfrapp mentioned then? *Shrugs* I know I heard it somewhere before, but can't think where.

AliceKay said...

Very pretty flowers! :)

Tori_z said...

Thanks, AK. :)

Intense Guy said...

I'm late, I'm late to comment - been tied up...

The flowers look great! And so does Kero the Healthy (soon to be Kero the Scheduled and Healthy!)

Tori_z said...

Thanks Iggy. :)