Saturday, August 08, 2009

Folly Farm: Part 5 - Funfair

Time for the next part of our trip to Folly Farm at the end of July.

This part isn't animal related, because it's all about the fair. Yes, that's right. There was a funfair there too! It was one of those indoor funfairs, and you needed to get tokens from a special machine to be able to play the games and go on the rides. This was one of the tokens.



Most of this section was more enjoyable to Mam than me, but you can read her blog to find out about that. I'm just going to deal with what I played on. Firstly this car thing. I was only just small enough to go in it, and getting back out was kinda interesting. But, hey, it was fun. :)




But my absolute favourite part of this section was something I hadn't been able to ride on since I was little. Something I absolutely love, but which most fairs over here only provide small versions of for little kids, meaning that - because I've never been the lightest of people - I've not been allowed to ride since I was about ten or so. I'm talking about a merry go round. So, I'm sure I don't need to tell you how thrilled I was to find one I was allowed to ride.



Mam didn't ride with me, because it went round really fast, and she was worried she'd get too dizzy and end up sick or something. That's one of the benifits of not having sight... Going round in circles really fast doesn't make you dizzy like it does for people with sight. ;)

Tomorrow (Sunday) there will be one last post about our trip to Folly Farm. Originally I planned just five posts, but it will be six posts instead. You'll see why when you read tomorrow's post.

Tori

8 comments:

Jessica♥ said...

haha. Doesn't seem like too much fun to me!
I always get sickish on Merry Go Rounds

Tori_z said...

Jessica:
Like I said, that's one of the benifits of not being able to see. Plus, you don't notice so much that you're just going in circles when you can't watch the world zooming past. Besides, I've never been one to be sick easily. Even if I actually get to the point where I feel a bit queezy it's rare I'm actually sick. Even if I'm not well I'm still almost never actually sick.

It's only a few rides I enjoy about the fair too, but my Mam loves the games. And, in all fairness, she's not big on many types of animals (like horses, rats and pigs) so it was only fair that she got some time with the games at the fair after taking me to pet the animals and get photos of them.

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you were able to ride the merry-go-round. I haven't been on one of those in a long time...not since the kids were little. I have trouble with vertigo these days so I'd probably feel a bit sick riding one now. I'm glad you had fun at the funfair. :)

LadyStyx said...

I miss riding the Merry-Go-Rounds too. Feels almost like you're flying. I ~LOVE~ the boots you're wearing! Awesome!

Celticspirit said...

I always loved merry go rounds. Looks like you had a really fun time. :)

Tori_z said...

Yes, I had a fun time. :)

Styxie:
They're my new wellie boots. I got them the day before... Figured they might be handy when visiting a farm, especially since it rains a lot here.

Intense Guy said...

I love how much fun you are having on that Merry Go Round!

...and the little electric car ride is just silly! :)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Yeah, the car was a bit silly. But it was fun though. Just a bit tricky to get back out of, and a bit hard on the knees. LOL!