Thursday, August 13, 2009

In my world recently

There hasn't been much going on in my world recently. Not much worth blogging about anyway. I mean, there are the changes I've made to the things I eat - most of which have happened over the past couple of months, though some happened near the start of the year - but you don't want to hear about that, do you?

There have also been shopping trips, but I wont bore you with the details of those. So, let's see...

Last Wednesday, Mam and Chelsea (Jane's eldest grandaughter) showed up shortly before dinner time and announced that they were going to McDonalds. They asked if I wanted to go with them, and I figured I might as well. After all, I wasn't doing anything at the time. So the three of us went to McDonalds, then I came home and Chelsea went and spent the evening with Mam. Chelsea got a free tchild's ticket to go and see the 3rd Ice Age film, which is at the pictures right now (the ticket was in her Happy Meal) so Mam and I might be taking her to see it soon. She does want to go, and Mam and I would like to see it. The ticket has to be used before the end of the month though. I suggested we go next week, but no plans have been made as yet. I don't really mind when we go, but I hope we do go. I'd like to watch that film, since I really enjoyed the first two.

I've been listening to Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events book series while working on my crafts. I've both read and heard it before, but I enjoy it, so figured I'd listen again. I'm already part way through book twelve... The Penultimate Peril. Which, as its name suggests, is the next to last book in the series. There are 13 books in the set. I reviewed each one as I read it before, so if you aren't familiar with the story then just search for "Lemony Snicket" in that search box thing up the top of the page there, and I'm sure it will bring up the reviews (along with the author's biography, and any other mentions of Lemony Snicket on my blog).

I wont update you on craft progress, because I'll be doing that in a couple of weeks anyway. Can you believe we're already almost half way through August? Seems like only yesterday I was being all shocked about us being in July, and now it's almost the middle of August! I swear someone's put the planet on fast forward or something... Where's the button to slow it back down? Does anyone know? Or, perhaps a pause button? Then we can all stop and catch our breath for a moment or two.

Anyway, I think that's about it. See, I told you not much had been going on. Mind you, with the world on fast forward there isn't really time for much to happen, is there? Maybe it will slow down enough for something of interest to happen soon? If it does, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime though... Stay safe, and all that other stuff that means I hope you're happy and healthy.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, too. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Hey if someone hits the slow the world down brakes I hope they give us a warning to hang on first!

I like that theory of yours... the earth is spinning so fast it makes time shorter and that explains why we don't get things done. I bet Calvin's dad (from Calvin and Hobbes) would have loved that idea!

Hope you get to the movie!

:) *Hugs*

Celticspirit said...

Call me crazy.....but I for one prefer to read about the every day stuff that goes on in a person's life. It helps get to know someone.

Deanna said...

I'd forgotten about Lemony Snicket. Going to have to check into that series again.

Hope you have a restful, uneventful, rest of the day (or night I guess it is). Hugs.

LadyStyx said...

It seems like as we get older, the time moves faster than we were kids. I keep finding myself looking in the mirror (or at my hands) and saying "Where'd life go?" Seems like I *just* got out of high school and next thing I know, more than 20 years have passed and I STILL have no clue what I'm going to do with my life!

Jessica♥ said...

It seems to me that you did enough to say that you were busy! =]
I loved lemony snicket books. The movie was great too.
i've seen that about a bajillion times.

Wendyburd1 said...

I read the first Lemony Snicket and found it so depressing and mean! Hanging a baby out in a birdcage!! My sister Sam adored the movie though.

Tori_z said...

AK:
Thanks, I did.

Iggy:
Yeah, I hope we get some warning too. ;)

Barb:
That makes two of us. There's just not a lot to say about my life right now.

Deanna:
Yes, you should. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I quite enjoy it.

Styxie:
I can't say I know exactly how that feels, but I know what you mean. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do when - or if - I grow up. ;)

Jess:
I've seen the movie several times too. Wonder if they'll try and make the rest of the series in to a movie at some point? The movie is only based on books 1, 2 and 3.

Wendy:
Yes, it is a bit depressing, but in a strange way I think that's one of the attractions people have to it. I mean, all those terrible things happening to those poor kids, and all the ways they try to get out of the tight scrapes they end up in... I mean, if it were a real story then it would be different. But since it's only ficction... *Shrugs*