Monday, August 31, 2009

August 2009 craft update: hat & scarf

It's time for August 2009's craft update. :)


I haven't done much work on the clay dragon I've been working on, though I have managed to get it to the point where it just needs a few finishing touches to be finished. I'm planning on sorting it out this coming weekend, so should have a photo of it for September's craft update. All being well I should also get it - and the ducks - painted before the end of September too. Kelly's going to help me do that part. I'd like them painted, but that part is obviously quite difficult for me to do by myself.


Anyway... I finished knitting the scarf I was making just a few days in to the month - as I said I would - so here is a photo of it.



As I said, it's part of a set I'm making. I also said I would be making a start on the hat this month. As it turns out though, I've already finished the hat. So, here's a photo of that too.



I'm now working on the gloves for the set, and am actually quite pleased with how they're going. I've already almost finished one of the gloves. I'll be working on finishing the gloves over the next week or so, and am hoping to be well on the way with the next item before September is over.

I still have a small list of items I want/need to get done for people for Christmas, and when those are done I'll be starting the items for those of you who signed up for the handmade giveaway thing. So, it looks as though I have plenty of craft projects to keep me busy for some time. :)

I'm actually ahead of the schedule I set myself for craft projects though, since I didn't expect to even have the hat done yet, let alone be so far with the gloves. And the gloves are easier than I expected them to be. Going to have to get someone to take me to the library so I can get some audiobooks to listen to while I work on the items... I always seem to do more when I have something to listen to, and I'd like something new to listen to. There's nothing wrong with the audiobooks I have, but it would be nice to have something I haven't already listened to. I haven't had anything new to listen to for a couple of months, so I think I've been plenty patient.

Anyway, I'm starting to get off the topic this post is meant to be about, so I think it's time for me to end this post and hit that "publish" button. So... That's it for this month's craft update. :)

Tori

10 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

That hat and scarf are gorgeous! I love the colors.

LadyStyx said...

What a great set! Awesome job.

Intense Guy said...

I like really these. So you are knitting gloves? As in with finger holes (and not mittens)?

That just sounds really difficult. How do you size them?

Tori_z said...

Thanks all. :)

Iggy:
Yes, proper gloves... With fingers. And, it's not as hard as it sounds. As for how I size them... The book I have with braille knitting patterns in offers different patterns for different sizes, which they give measurments for. You just have to figure out which size works best for the person you're making for.

Tori_z said...

Measurements

Celticspirit said...

The hat and gloves look great and your stitches look perfect. I can't wait to see the gloves. It's so nice to see younger people doing crafts that many people no longer bother with. I think knitting and crocheting is starting to make a comeback and is no longer a lost art. I sometimes see stories about kids in school (both girls and boys) joining knitting clubs and I've read lots of stories about celebrities knitting as well.

Deanna said...

No way could I ever do the excellent job you do. I love the colors. The hat is particularly impressive.

Tori_z said...

Barb:
Thanks. :)


It's good that the older crafts are being encouraged again.

Deanna:
Thanks. :)

AliceKay said...

Very, very nice. :)

Tori_z said...

Thanks AK. :)