Sunday, August 09, 2009

Folly Farm: Part 6 - Donkeys & gift shops



It seems we did have a photo of the donkeys after all. So, meet Dillis the donkey, and her son, Donald the donkey. I'm told the photo is kind of blurry... Sorry about that. But, at least there is a donkey photo. :)

That photo is the reason I've made a sixth post about our trip to Folly Farm. I didn't want to put Dillis and Donald in the post I did yesterday about the fair, they didn't belong in the goat post, and the photo was only discovered after Wednesday's post had already been published. Yes, I could have gone in and added their photo, and then edited the bit of text about them. But I couldn't be bothered to fiddle (partly because it's so easy to lose bits of posts when you do that). So I decided to just do a sixth post, and post Dillis and Donald the donkeys in with the information about the very last place we visited before leaving Folly Farm... The gift shop.

We stopped at the gift shop on the way out. We both ended up getting teddies, since the t-shirts were only child sized, and most of what they had was teddies, stationary, or some little rather well detailed plastic animals, which - after my comment with the first one I picked up - Mam decided we weren't going to investigate any more. LOL! But I couldn't help it. I've never seen a little plastic horse with... Erm... Enough detail to tell it's meant to be male. So I commented on it. Not my fault Mam (and probably some other people in the shop) found this embarrassing. I was just pointing out that it was obvious it was male, and Mam asked how I knew, so I told her, and showed her. Is it my fault she didn't like my response? ;)


Anyway, this is what I ended up getting...



So, that was our trip to Folly Farm. It was a fun trip!

Tori

P.S. If you haven't already seen it, Mam did a post yesterday (Saturday) with the photos in it that I managed to get of her in the indoor funfair. So, if you haven't seen it you might want to go look.

6 comments:

Jessica♥ said...

Donkies and Teddies! woo!

AliceKay said...

Love the squirrel. LOL

LadyStyx said...

Nice ass(es). ~grinz~

Ummm. How ELSE were you supposed to know it was a stallion? Sorry to those who found it embarrassing! The shop should have considered a comment like that would be made before stocking such an item.

Reminds me of the year we had to remove a certain brand of Nativity set from the floor for a recall at WalMart. You'd think, a Nativity? Oh for Heaven's sake what could possibly be wrong with something so innocent? Turned out they made the baby a bit too...ummm...realistically detailled and there had been some complaints.

Deanna said...

You were only pointing out the obvious - I means it's not like you put the obvious there, is it? What fun!

Intense Guy said...

You were so bored you were feeling up the horses huh...

:)

Tori_z said...

Jessica:
Glad you enjoyed the post. :)

AK:
Well, when I spotted the squirrel I knew I had to have it. :)

Styxie:
Exactly! I mean, if they didn't want people pointing it out, they shouldn't put that much detail on it. And I didn't think it was a bad thing. I thought it was good they were making the toys more detailed. I'm quite sure some kids found it amusing. It was the adults that had issues with my comment.


Deanna:
Very true!

Iggy:
Well, it did make the trip to the gift shop that bit more interesting. And, in my defence, when Mam handed the stallion to me she did say, "have a good feel of that and tell me what it is." I only did as I was told. This is why kids (and stubbourn people like me) don't do as we're told. You only get in trouble when you do. ;)