Monday, April 25, 2011

crafty update

I don't know if you remember me mentioning before Christmas about making a clay item for someone, but not wanting to mention it because the person would see? Well... After it arrived with the person I meant to say something, but never got around to it. Then it was mentioned on the blog of the person in question, and I meant to link to the post to say about it (especially since the post contains a photo, and I forgot to get one). Anyway, to get to the point... The item was the clay SpongeBob figure I made for Iggy, which he mentioned in this post. You've probably all seen it by now, but I did say at the time I'd let you know once I could... I just kept forgetting. I usually have loads of things I want to post about, so I do forget to mention - or update you on - things sometimes.

In more recent craft news...

I'm still working on the scarf for Louise. I had hoped to have it done by now; I'd hoped to give it to her for her birthday (her birthday is in two days time). I'm not even quite half way through it though. Thing is, I couldn't work on it when I wasn't well, because I couldn't concentrate properly. Plus, I kept coughing and almost ending up dropping stitches, so gave up as I didn't want to have to start over.

Also, Emma-Jane got a little dolls' pram for her birthday, and I've been asked to make a little blanket for her dolls. Now that I'm feeling a lot better, I'm hoping to do some serious work on the scarf, then make the blanket for Emma-Jane's dolls.

As a warning, this may mean I miss days on the blogs; so, sorry in advance for that.

8 comments:

Rita said...

Oh don't worry about the blogs. I did see the clay Sponge Bob figurine. Nice job!

So glad you are feeling better!! I hope the weather is nice and warm for you, too. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Thanks... Yeah, it's quite nice here today.

Lynn said...

Crafty indeed that is one cool spongebob you made, you did great!!

Intense Guy said...

SpongeBob is sitting here with his friend the clay orange cone! He's a happy dude.

I hope your scarfs and other knitting bring you enjoyment!

Toriz said...

Lynn:
Thanks! :)

Iggy:
I'm glad you like the cone and SpongeBob so much! :)

AliceKay said...

Yep, I saw the SpongeBob. :)

Sounds like you're gonna be a very busy lady. Read blogs when you can and don't worry about it when you cant. *hugs*

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy Crafting!!

Don't forget to take pictures this time though, lol!

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks... Will do! :)

Jeannie:
LOL! I'll try not to forget about pictures this time. I do remember most times... Honest! ;)