Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday - 20:21

Yeah, I know I already did a post today, but here's another for you...

For anyone wondering... I'm feeling a lot better today; and able to eat "proper" food without feeling like I'm swallowing razor blades. Also, the cough seems to have just become one of those irritating coughs you get for a bit on and off when you're trying to sleep. Speaking of which... Despite the cough, I did sleep a bit last night. Not much, but I did have a bit of a nap this afternoon so that makes up for it.

Anyway, I took Kero for a walk today for the first time since I got sick. Kero was so excited when he figured out it was me who was taking him. Bless him! It was a beautiful day for it; sunny and warm, but not too hot. I wore a jacket even though it was warm enough not to need one; I figured it was for the best, what with being ill and stuck inside for almost two weeks. I was a bit warm in the jacket, but figured better that than being too cold and ending up back to being ill and stuck inside.

I had some nice bird company for the walk too; I'm sure there are nests in some of the trees along the path, since I'm sure I heard some baby birds chirping.

Also, I weighed today - like I usually do on a Monday - and I lost 2lbs 4oz. This means I've now lost a whole stone (14lbs) since early March. Since my personal goal is 1lb per week, I'm really pleased. I mean, I've lost more than that most weeks. Sure, I'm not quite on track for losing the 2 stone (28lbs) the gynaecologists want me to have lost by the time I'm due to see them again at the start of June; I am close to it though, and still "might" make the 2 stone weight loss. You never know!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Im so glad that you are feeling better and can eat some solid foods, Im sure you will be feeling lots better after eating a bit and your strength comes back :o)

Intense Guy said...

Its good to hear you are up and about and walking again!!

:)

Toriz said...

Thanks Lynn and Iggy! :)

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you're able to go out and about and take Kero for his walks. I'm sure he loved it as much as you did.

Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great!

Rita said...

I bet Kero was dang excited to be on a walk with Mami! :) Glad you wore your jacket, too. Sorry, it's the mom in me--hehe! ;)

You are well on your way--halfway there. I think you should lose it just to spite them and prove them wrong. Ooops! Did I say that out loud? ROFL!

So glad you are feeling better!! Now you can get out and about on nice days to appreciate the spring weather. And Kero would be thrilled to be doing extra walkies every day again, I'm sure. The birds are singing here, too. :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

So glad to hear you were able to get up and about!!! Getting outside ALWAYS makes me feel better too! Keep up the great work!

Toriz said...

Thanks all! :)

Rita:
LOL! You know what's funny about that comment? The stubbourn part of me is - I think - trying to do that. Hey, whatever gets the weight off, right? ;)

Deanna said...

I'm a bit behind on reading posts. I'm very glad to hear you are feeling better - well enough even to take Kero for a walk. That is wonderful!

Fourteen lbs. is awesome! I'm betting on you losinig the 2 stone by June - but even if you don't, your Dr. should be very proud of you - as you should be very proud of yourself! Yea Tori!

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna; yeah, I'm proud of myself. :)

Karen said...

I am also very proud of you Tori you have really put yourself into getting your self healthier. Well done! love you lots mam xxx

Toriz said...

Thanks Mam! :) x