Monday, April 11, 2011

Stupidity and shoes

I was going to post something else today, but I ended up going offline before I had a chance to do the post, and then my laptop was refusing to even accept the existance of an internet connection, let alone connect to any. To cut a long story short, we eventually discovered that I'd caught the little switch on the side of the laptop that stops it being able to locate and connect to internet connections, so as far as the laptop was concerned, I was telling it not to bother looking for a connection. So it's only now I'm finally able to get back on my blog and do a post of any sort. Yeah, I feel daft... I mean, it's not the first time I've done that, so you'd think I'd have had the sense to check. I guess not. LOL! Anyway, I can't be bothered to do the other post right now though, so all you get is this. Well, and this photo:



Yes, those are my new shoes.

7 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I have that switch on my laptop too! And I never think to check there either... its so easy to overlook! Those shoes look comfy

Lynn said...

LOL so glad you figured out the problem. That sounds like something I would do also. I hope your week is going well and those are some nice shoes and socks lol

Rita said...

I'm glad you got it working again. We may feel silly when it some simple thing, but it is such a relief to know it's something simple, right? :)

And your new walking shoes are very nice! I hope your feet have adjusted well to them. With all the walks you've been on, you've been really breaking them in! I hope you have nice weather this week to keep on truckin', as we said in the 60s. ;)

AliceKay said...

I think sometimes things like this happens just to mess with our heads a little bit. I'm glad you got it all figured out.

Your new shoes look like really good walking shoes. I bet you'll be putting plenty of miles on them in no time at all. Happy walking!

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you figured out you bumped the switch. Can you tell when it is on versus off? The one on mine has an icon of something inscrutable (I think its a TV set?) and its not clear which way is on.

The shoes look nice! Can you can do some folk dances?

Deanna said...

Darn switches! Glad you figured it all out.

Those shoes look great! I have a pair similar and absolutely love them! Hope your feet adjust well to them.

Toriz said...

Thanks all!

And... I'm glad it's not just me who does daft things like with the switch! LOL!


Iggy:
Kelly says mine's the same as yours. And it's even harder for me to read, because Jaws wont even acknowledge that it exists. Shame, because with how Jaws reads things usually it would have probably told me whether or not it was on.