Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Throats and things (FD)

I'm still not feeling 100%. My throat still hurts a lot - especially if I try to eat anything that isn't soft mushy stuff - and I'm still coughing a fair bit (especially at night). But I think I'm starting to get a bit better, and should - I hope - be completely better soon.

Good news though... Despite not going out for walks - due to being banned from doing so by both Mam and Kelly until I'm better - I was expecting to end up gaining weight this past week. That's not what happened though. I lost 5lbs! I'm assuming the mostly liquid diet is responsible for that? I mean, my meals have involved Ready Brek (a runny oatmeal meant for children, but which I love), Weetabix, ice-cream, yogurts, and the ocasional other soft meal (like soup, scrambled eggs, etc). I did try and eat a bit of toast the other day, but it hurt too much, so I gave the toast to Kero and had a yogurt instead. Anyway, I'm pleased about the 5lbs weight loss. Hopefully I wont put much - if anything - on when I can finally eat normal foods.

Dad was meant to come for a visit Friday. We were going to watch movies, and he was going to be having dinner with me. But because I wasn't well we cancelled his visit.

I'm hoping to get to your blogs soon... Being unwell has put me quite a way behind though, so if it takes me a while to get to your blog, but you see I've been visiting others, it's nothing personal... It just means I haven't gotten to yours yet.

9 comments:

jewelzmomof4 said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon :) It is no fun being sick.

AliceKay said...

Feel better soon!

Rita said...

I hope you are definitely on the mend. Those cold/coughs that hang on are the pits.

I am delighted that you still lost all those pounds, tho. Not a fun way to lose them, but good incentive for when you can eat crunchy foods again like toast.

I hope your dad can maybe come this week. I hope you feel better and better.
Hugs

Intense Guy said...

I hope you are feeling much better today.

*hugs*

Toriz said...

Thanks all!

Rita:
Dad doesn't come every week, so he's not meant to be coming this week.

Lynn said...

Im so sorry to see your not feeling well, I sure hope you recover real soon. Congrats on your weight loss!

Toriz said...

Thanks Lynn.

Deanna said...

Hey Tori. I hope you get to feeling well VERY soon! Don't worry about the blogs - they aren't going anywhere. I'm having trouble finding time to get around to all the blogs too. So goes the business!

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna. Yeah, sometimes it is tricky to find time to visit them all; especially when you visit as many as I do.