Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday's fragmented thoughts on things (FD)

Well, since snow is on everyone's minds at the moment, I might as well start on that topic. So...

Through the second half of December, and through most of January, we had snow on the ground. Mostly it was just an inch or so, but we had days - particularly in early January - where we had a foot or more of snow on the ground. I'm over the moon, because I love snow, and I'm extremely pleased about getting a good amount of snow... Especially since it happened around Christmas! But now it can go away until next Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I do love my snow. But it STILL keeps snowing. OK, it's only light dustings we're getting - though we have been told we'll probably get more on the weekend - but still... Enough is enough!

******

I got a telephone call from the doctor yesterday - well, her receptionist - saying I need to have my iron level checked again in two weeks. Looks like I'm having it checked every few weeks... For a while at least. So, I finally get left alone by the eye doctors, just to have them replaced with regular trips to the blood clinic. *Sigh* There's always something!

The doctor seems to think my lack of iron in my blood is due more to... Well... Things the gynacologist should be sorting out rather than my diet, since I do - now I'm eating meat again especially (or should I say while I'm eating it, since I don't know how long I will be doing so again this time) - eat plenty of stuff with iron in it. So, I'm being sent back to a gynacologist.

******

I did have a look at my diet and sort out a sort of food plan thing for myself anyway. When I went to a dietitian a couple of years ago, we sorted out a food plan then, but I sort of let it slide. So, now I've gone back to that, which means going back to eating smaller portions with healthy snacks if needed in between. I was a bit worried about how hungry I'd be with doing that, but I've been doing it for a little over a week now, and I'm actually not even finding I need the snacks that muchh. Most days I don't at all, actually.

If anyone wants info on the food plan, let me know. If not, then I wont bother posting it.

******

We're working on sorting out a few things - mostly to do with decorating - at my parents' house so the stuff from the flat can come up. Well, the stuff we're keeping anyway, since there are obviously things we're not keeping, since we don't need them. We're getting there with it.


******

As you've probably figured out from all the movie reviews I've posted recently, I've been watching a lot of movies. It's all thanks to Sky Movies. Well, if I'm paying for it, I might as well make the most of it and watch all the movies that look good, right? ;)

******

I've been curling up with Kero and listening to the Discworld books I ordered in between watching the movies. But I wont bother reviewing them, because I already did a post on Terry Pratchett's Discworld series before. I'll review the other audiobooks in my "to listen to" pile when I listen to them though. I still have a few Iggy sent me, and the other one I had for Christmas. But I'm listening to the Discworld ones first, because they were easier to get to when I wanted an audiobook - and couldn't be bothered to move stuff out of my way - the other day. LOL!


In my defence, it was while I was feeling really tired and ill.

******

I tried pheasant yesterday... I don't like it. It has a funny taste. Mam didn't like it either. Kelly, Dad, Wayne and Nan did though. Well, Nan knew she did, since she'd had it before. But, anyway, Mam and I don't like pheasant, so if the others want it some other time we'll have something else instead. Maybe some jetters? Yep, those we like!


For those who don't know, Jetters are pieces of breaded chicken shaped like planes and rockets.

*****


OK, I think that's about it for today. If I missed anything out I'll just have to try and remember to add it in the next catch-up type post I do, since I seem to be doing a lot of those - in between my movie reviews, and shares from my e-mail. LOL!

In the meantime...

Stay warm, and stay safe! Oh, and... Enjoy the rest of your day! :)


Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Yep, if you're paying for Sky Movies, you might as well watch them and get your money's worth. :)

I hope they get your iron level figured out soon. Until then, hang in there and keep us up to date.

I was thinking to myself...what are jetters? Then the very next section you explained what they were. Thanks!

Too much of a good thing can be as bad as not having enough. I'm talking snow here. LOL

I hope the rest of your day is a good one. *hugs*

Deanna said...

I've never had pheasant but have heard it is very strong tasting. Jetters sounds good, though.

It is time for Spring!

It sounds like you are doing all the right things to get yourself feeling better again. Just keep up the good work!

I enjoyed your email comment on my post. That was too funny. But I'm sure you didn't think so at the time.

Diana Kimpton said...

Hope you're not too cold in the snow. I've posted a comment on your blog for Dec 23 2009. Can you take a look please?

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks, and that's very true (about your too much of a good thing comment)


Deanna:
At the time... Nope, I didn't find it funny. But now I do... Now that most people seem to have forgotten it. ;)


Diana:
Sure, will take a look.

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!!

Keep up eating what you need -

:)

Hugs

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy! :)

Hugs!