Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Furkid thoughts: home, doggy daycare and friends

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

Well, there has been a lot going on around here. The humans keep packing things in to boxes and bags and talking about some "new place" more and more. I don't like it! What I do like though is that Mami says that when we go to this new place I get two train rides and two car rides in one day (she says we have to ride in a car to go to the train station, take a train to London, ride in a taxi across London, and then take another train from London to the train station right near our new place). I also like the idea of the new smells they say I'll get to sniff, and the walkies by the seaside (which Mami says I'll get every day, unless the weather is much too bad).

Another thing I'm excited about is something called, "doggy daycare" that they have near to where we're moving to. Apparently it's a place where dogs get taken for a while and the humans pay other humans to stay with them until it's time for them (them being the dogs, of course) to get picked up and go home. They provide walkies and everything! The same place also does grooming, so I'm booked in for the day on November 14th for both a grooming session and a daycare day. Mami says if I do well in daycare then I can go to it again. I suffer with anxiety issues, which is the only reason Mami is a bit worried, and is also the reason why I can't be left by myself.

In other news...

I saw some of my doggy friends the other day. I've especially seen a lot of Bella. Bella came to visit for a while yesterday with her human and we played and sniffed together for a bit. Her human is the one who helped us rehome Gwydion. Did Mami tell you about Gwydion? About how we thought Gwydion was a boy, only Gwydion is actually a girl? Of course, I knew the whole time and was only saying "he" and "him" because the humans said I should. If they'd listened to me I'd have told them Gwydion was actually female, but humans never listen to me; sometimes it's like we don't even speak the same language... Really frustrating! Either way, Gwydion is a female, and "she" is enjoying herself in her new home, which is good news.

Anyway, I better go... I need to keep a close eye on Mami, in case she tries something sneaky (like trying to escape while I'm not looking).

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

9 comments:

Parsley said...

Uh oh, Kero...sounds like you are moving. Just stick close to your humans because it stresses them out and they will need you.

Too bad you aren't close to me. I pet sit! We are used to dogs who get scared away from home. Don't worry though, I'm sure you will have kind humans helping you enjoy doggy daycare.

Deanna said...

You have a lot of excitement coming up in the near future. I cannot imagine walkiies by the seaside daily. That is exciting by itself!

Hopefully mami is behaving hereself.

Intense Guy said...

You will be moving in short bit... Just be a good little boy and walk nicely without pulling and without barking - this will be a long day for your humans - you gotta be on your absolute best behavior ok?

So Gwyddy is a 'her' huh? Hmmm... Does Gwydion as a name work for a girl?

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Parsley:
Yes, my humans say we're moving next week. And I'm pretty sure if we lived near you then Mami would have been asking you to look after me, since I'm sure my pal Iggy would have told her about the fact you pet sit if she'd mentioned us moving near you.

Deanna:
Yes, walkies by the seaside sounds very exciting! I only went to the seaside once before, although I did see it from a distance a couple of times when I stayed with a friend of my humans when I was a puppy. I enjoyed my trip to the seaside, so I'm really excited about being able to go there all the time!

So far she's being a good human, but I'm not letting her out of my sight. If she gets up to go somewhere I jump to my paws and follow her... Just in case!

Iggy:
I'll do my best. I always try to be a good boy (you get lots of pets and treats when you're a good dog). Mami says it's most important for me to be good when we go to somewhere called "the office" after the train rides and car rides, and before we actually go to our new home.

I don't know about the name... I heard Mami telling Dadi they're keeping it as Gwydion, so I guess the new humans think it works for a girl. It means "God of magic" (or is a God of magic... Something like that, anyway) so I guess it would be OK for a girl.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Rita said...

Good luck, Kero! When you get there be sure and smell it and look it over inch by inch. I was very happy I moved here when all was said and done, but I hope I never ever have to move again. (I was so stressed I threw up.) May you be happy in your new home as much as I am in mine.
Love, Karma

AliceKay said...

It sounds like you have a lot of riding to do soon, but the adventure will be worth it once you reach your new home. Just think...lots of walkies along the beach. :)

Toriz said...

Kero said....

Karma:
Thanks!

That must have been awful for you... I sometimes get sick when I get very stressed too, so I know what an awful thing that is!

AK:
I do like car and train rides, I'm just a bit worried about where we're riding too... That always worries me. Also, I really hope they don't have delays like they did when I was on the train before... Mami says it's a long journey as it is!

I'm definately looking forward to those walkies though!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

That corgi :) said...

Kero, nice to meet you! I think you will like doggy day care! It sounds like a fun place to go! Koda (my corgi) has been kicked out of it a few times because he is a bit aggressive towards other dogs (in fact he was asked not to come back) but I'm sure you will do just fine!! Sounds like you are going to have quite an adventure with your move and the trip to get to your new place!

betty

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Betty:
Thank you for leaving me a comment; I like making new friends.

I should be OK with the other dogs. When I say I love making new friends, I mean of any species; cats, dogs, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters... Anything that isn't a bird, basically!

Will you find a new doggy daycare for Koda?

Licks and sniffs,
Kero