Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pagan Blog Prompts: Solitude and education

I decided to do some of the prompts from Pagan Blog Prompts again. So...

Prompt: Solitary longing...
(From September 1st 2011)

"This week's prompt comes from reader suggestions, and I think it is something we should all think about....

If you are a Solitary, do you ever long for a mentor, coven or friend to learn with, learn from, or practice with? If so, what keeps you from seeking to join with others?"

My thoughts:
Sometimes I do, but I've always prefered alone time to being in groups, and like to do things my way, so I've never tried to find a coven to join because I don't feel it would be right for me. I have recently made some really nice Pagan friends online who I can share things with though... Like Magaly and Stephanie.

***

Prompt: Back to School
(From August 25th 2011)

"It's the end of summer, and families everywhere are gearing up for the new school year. But that doesn't have to apply only to kids in school or young adults going to college... After all, life is about learning something new every day.

What have you been learning lately? Perhaps a topic of interest has taken over your focus lately, and you've been immersed in its research. Or maybe someone sparked a question in your mind, and you've been searching (both within and with-out) to find the answer. What knowledge are you seeking, and how close are you to reaching it's zenith?"

My thoughts:
You never stop learning... Life is just one lesson. But as for what I've been learning lately...

*I learned how important it is to be yourself and to hold on to your beliefs.
*I learned that there's a LOT of paperwork involved in private renting (but it's something we want to do... Which is the only reason we're doing it!)
* I learned that sometimes the right thing to do is the hardest (OK, I already knew that, but - as you will know if you read Thursday's post - I was reminded of it recently).

And I will soon be learning all sorts of things from the courses I'm collecting from E-Mail College - which I will be starting to work on soon... I still have a load I want to grab though, but I haven't had a chance to get signed up for more of them. I'll probably leave getting more until we move now.

And as for how close I am to being at the end of the lessons... Well, I've obviously not really started with the courses, and the life lessons... Well, you never stop learning them until you stop living, and since I don't plan on stopping living any time soon, I guess I'm not even close to being done with those lessons! ;)

7 comments:

Rita said...

I've never been much of a joiner, myself. ;)

I probably won't get to those online classes I have stored away until this winter, I don't think. Something to look forward to, tho.

I agree--I never want to quit learning! I've recently been learning more about unconditional love and forgiveness. I'll never be done with that one--LOL!

AliceKay said...

I've never really been much of a joiner in real life. Online is sometimes a little easier.

You're exactly right...you never stop learning. Life throws stuff at you all the time and there are lessons to be learned.

Have a great day! *hugs*

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love my solitary ways. I enjoy mingling because I really like people, but I have a great time spending time with myself.

And about getting back to school. I don't want to think about it... yet. lol

Toriz said...

Rita:
Glad it's not just me. ;)

Winter's the best time for things like those courses... Mostly it's too cold to go out, it's light late and dark early so daylight activities are limited... Perfect for indoor things like reading and studying! :)

Nope, I don't think you'll ever be done with that one. I think that's a good thing though. :)

AK:
Same here. Online I have a lot of friends (some closer than others, but a lot of friends) where as offline... Well, I know some people, but mostly they're family friends or just neighbours I talk to enough that we know things about each other, but that's pretty much it.

Absolutely! Lots of lessons to be learned! :)

Magaly:
I'm not big on the mingling, but I love my own company. I've always been that way... Prefered playing imaginary games with myself as a child than playing with others.

LOL @ not wanting to think about it! ;)

Intense Guy said...

I just picked up a book on "Implementing Microsoft Project Server 2010" for an exam I need to take by the end of the year for my professional certification - and my brain just turned numb.

I'm hoping its just I need a change of subject and not the onset of "unable to teach old dogs new tricks".

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Maybe you just need a vacation for a bit? I think it will be a long time before you're too old to learn any new tricks, so it can't be that. :)

Connie Mitan said...

I'm glad you've made some online Pagan friends! And as always, thanks for stopping by PBP!
~Sunfire