Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tawe Tales 2011: Descent Into Darkness

It was the evening of Mabon - the Autumn Equinox, or second harvest - and one of the few nice, rain-free days Wales had experienced during the September of 2011. The time between times was drawing near, and there was a promise of a wonderful evening for those who had the presence of mind to gather together to celebrate this magical night by listening to the tales of the fabulous storyteller, Owen Staton. And so, the local people gathered in the hall for what promised to be a fantastic evening of entertainment.

I, of course, was among them - as I have been every time for the past couple of years - along with my Dad, and a couple of family friends, and can honestly say that Owen once again delivered the wonderful, fabulously entertaining evening I have come to expect when attending his story telling sessions. This along with the beautiful music that is played for the enjoyment of the audience before Owen's performance and during the intermission, made for a truely magical evening.

As I have said before, I'm not just saying this because Owen is a family friend. Owen really is a fantastic story teller. If you don't believe me, go to his website (www.owenstaton.com) and check out the clips he has on there. Then you'll see just how wonderful he is, and will understand why I say that if you ever find yourself in a position to attend one of his sessions, then you should do so. You'll be glad you did!

Thank you Owen for another truely enjoyable evening of tales and legends from the Tawe valley. Also, thank you for the generous, "goodbye," speach you gave for me at the end of your session. I have thoroughly enjoyed the evenings of tales with you, and hope I can make it to other story telling evenings of yours in the future! :)

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Owen's story telling. It was really nice of him to give you a "goodbye speech" at the end of the session. :)

Rita said...

Oh My! You even got a goodbye speech! What a perfect night. I'm actually glad it took a while to get the okay for your new place so that you were still here for Owen's storytelling! :):)

Intense Guy said...

Hopefully it isn't goodbye - but rather "hear ya later!"

A recording/video of his story telling could be sent to you easily enough (if he approves of course).

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes, it was wonderful! :)

Rita:
Absolutely! That's the only reason I'm glad it's taken so long to get the OK! :)

Iggy:
Hopefully! And, as for the recording, Owen himself is working on sorting out an audio CD of his stories, so - providing he manages to find the time to get that done - I'll get hold of a copy of that. Then I can listen to his stories whenever I want! :)