Monday, September 19, 2011

trying to move AKA summery of a frustrating week

It's been a long and frustrating week, but I'm going to summarize it for you and leave it at that, because I really can't be bothered to go in to detail about it all right now. So, to cut a long story short...

We don't have our go ahead to have the place and move in to it yet, because the housing department of the council - who are "technically" our landlords - took until Thursday (just before they close, and just after the estate agents closes) to give them the reference letter they need to in order to verify that we really live where we say we do right now, and really do pay our rent. And they may not have even done it then if I hadn't spent Thursday calling them every 10 minutes to get it through to them that it's important, and that the sooner we get this sorted, the sooner they can have this place for whoever is next on their housing list for a property like this. Thank goodness for head swapping techniques, or I think I'd have lost my temper with them, bearing in mind I'm a very patient person (there's only so many times you can be told, "she's in a meeting, call back in 5 or 10 minutes and she'll be available," without getting annoyed though, regardless of how patient you are).

On the bright side, at least they now have all the paperwork - references included - so it's only a matter of days before we get our final decision on whether we get the place.

9 comments:

Intense Guy said...

How aggravating.

I'm glad it's all (mostly) settled now.

*shakes head at Government workers that are supposedly there for public "service"*

Deanna said...

Unfortunately, the old saying about the Squeaky Wheel is true... I'm glad you persevered and didn't give up. Shame on them for not doing their job!

AliceKay said...

Sometimes people don't understand the urgency of what needs to be done. They go at their own pace and sometimes that pace is way to slow. I'm glad all of the paperwork has been sent, and I'm glad you kept at them until it was done. *hugs*

ChicagoLady said...

Typical government bureaucrats, seems to not matter what country you're in, they all move at their own pace. SLOW!

Rita said...

Peel and stick. Peel and stick. Glad the colorforms head switching helped. ;)

I'm sure you will hear soon and those days will just be a bad memory. :):)

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oy, I'd be frustrated too. Sucks when people are paid to do something they can't be bothered to do! I hope you get your reply soon and that it's good news.

Toriz said...

Thanks all! *Hugs* ::)

Especially thanks to Rita for the tools to help me stay patient with them! :)

Serena said...

I don't blame you for feeling frustrated but, hopefully, they will get their act together soon and you will get some good news.

Toriz said...

Serena:
Yes, hopefully! :)