Sunday, September 18, 2011

Witchville (TV Film)

"Witchville is a 2010 made for television fantasy-adventure film based on witchcraft in a medieval feudal time period."

"The film tells the story of Prince Malachi and his friend Jason, reluctantly forced to take his part as the head of his country after his father dies. The land he returns to is a wasteland. A witch hunter tells him that the cause of the scourge is a coven of witches. The prince and his merry men head off to defeat the Red Queen and save his kingdom."

Click here for the trailer.

(Above taken from here).

It was a reasonably good movie, though I did spend part of it chuckling about the inaccuracies, which always amuse me, of how witches were/are portrayed in these movies (I can't help it... I find it funny). Like I said though, it was reasonably good, and if you enjoy these types of fantasy movies then it might be worth you watching it. I can't have thought it was that bad... I've watched it twice! LOL!

5 comments:

Rita said...

You'd maybe like this new TV show that just started on CW called The Secret Circle. About witches--and the struggle between some good witches and bad witches, I guess, from what I can gather. Supposedly the writers read everything they could get their hands on about witchcraft. I don't plan to watch it because it is mostly about high school teens (as much is on the CW channel) and I have so many other shows to watch I can't keep up. But I thought of you when I saw the commercials. Even tho, who knows, it might be a horrible show and not accurate in the least--LOL! You might be able to find it on Hulu or someplace online later after it's been on a while. If you ever get a chance to see it you can tell us if it is accurate or not--good or horrible--LOL! ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
As it happens that exact TV show is starting here next week, and I've been saying I want to watch it. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Saying to Kelly, I mean...

It sounds like it's meant to be something similar to how the movie "The Craft" was... I LOVE that movie, so if it is then it will be a good show!

Will let you know! :)

AliceKay said...

It looks like it might be a pretty good movie. I'm glad you thought it was worth watching twice. :)

Serena said...

It sounds like a good movie with quite a bit of action. I might watch The Craft tonight....I haven't watched it in years but did like it. Practical Magic is a favourite of mine.

Enjoy your day,
Serena :)